Thread: Smashing v1.1 Released & Smashing v2.0 News

Blog Entries

Rev Smashing v1.1 Released & Smashing v2.0 News

News via nintendomax

News/release from Warpfish

In response to the reports of overscan and NTSC issues weve made a couple of changes to the menus and in-game displays so everything should display correctly across all PAL and NTSC formats now.

also this news on an upcoming version:

Since we released Smashing! v1.1 a few days ago we've been hard at work on Smashing! v2.0. We've been listening to the feedback from people that have played the game so far and we're doing our best to include as many ideas and suggestions as possible. John F is just putting the finishing touches to a reworked hit detection system that is a lot more accurate than the previous method and gives us much more flexibility in terms of camera movement and target positioning.

There are a couple of new levels in the works, some new modes, at least another 2 music tracks and something quite special that will hopefully make the single player modes a lot more playable.

The update will also feature a few other minor bug fixes and GUI tweaks as well as making the reload action more sensitive.

We're hoping to have Smashing! 2.0 released around the end of the month but will probably post some images of the new levels before then.

Stay tuned.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

This is hands down one the best pieces of homebrew I have seen on the Wii so far. What it lakes for in originality and gameplay, it makes up for tenfold in technical prowess and a commercial-level of polish.

If the other devs are putting this much shine into their products, I CANNOT WAIT for the coding comps to end!

Two thumbs up for his game!

DCEmu Newbie

Well, look at that.

From what i see, most of the people thinks "Homebrew" means an easier way to play copyrighted games without paying.

And i really asked a few people: "you talk a lot about "homebrew", but where are the homebrew wii games?" Nobody had an answer.

Well, i really would like to try this game!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cacildo View Post
    Well, look at that.

From what i see, most of the people thinks "Homebrew" means an easier way to play copyrighted games without paying.

And i really asked a few people: "you talk a lot about "homebrew", but where are the homebrew wii games?" Nobody had an answer.

Well, i really would like to try this game!!!!
    Yeah - most homebrew software released so far have been emulators, video players, or hacks (WAD managers, backup loaders, etc.) - but this is something new. And good.

I can't wait to see what they add in version 2! (More than 2 levels will be a major bonus!)

Thread Information