Thread: Game Categories Plugin v3

Blog Entries

psp Game Categories Plugin v3

Bubbletune has updated his Game Categories Plugin for the PSP, heres whats new:

[Version: 3 - Improved compatibility]
    [http://bubbletune.x-fusion.co.uk]

Changes:
    - Added support for the custom firmware 5.00 M33-4 (due to the new Shutdown option being added, a lot of offsets changed).

This plugin allows you to categorize your game menu and keep it more organized.

Requirements:
    - A PSP with 5.00 M33-3/M33-4 or higher (it may break in the future, therefor I will update it as soon as I have the chance to do so).

Instructions:
    - Copy 'game_categories.prx' and 'vsh.txt' to the seplugins folder, if you already have a 'vsh.txt', modify it instead of copying the included one.
    - Enable the plugin in the recovery menu.
    - Create folders prefixed with 'CAT_' in the GAME, GAME150, GAME5XX or ISO folder.
    - Fill them with everything you want to appear for that specific category (if you have the same category name in two or more folders they will be mixed).
    - Keep the Sony file length limitations in mind, due to the name of the category being added to the total length, the length of each filename will increase even more. If a corrupt icon shows up, try lowering the length of the filename.
    - Boot your PSP, open vshmenu and select the appropriate category (a new option will be added by the plugin, this will happen seamlessly and everything should keep working).

Notes:
    - If you change category while currently in the game menu, it will automatically leave the game menu and recache the directory.
    - A 'Show all' and 'Uncategorized' option are available in case you need them.

Have fun.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I love this plug-in.

Sounds interesting, I might have to give this a try

The day this plugin or any other adds category's to the XMB game menu itself I will be overjoyed.

e.g :

Games
    Applications
    Emulators
    ISO

He has a good idea, but the way I suggested above would be the greatest way of having it (if it is even possible) in my opinion.

Keep up the great work though
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Thread Information