Thread: Dragon Quest X headed to Wii

Rev Dragon Quest X headed to Wii

via IGN

Square Enix has chosen Wii as the destination for the next installment of its blockbuster role playing series Dragon Quest.

That's according to Reuters, which says the publisher has yet to reveal a launch date or any pricing details for Dragon Quest X.

Before the new game's release, Dragon Quest IX will launch for DS on March 28 in Japan. It'll cost 5,980 yen ($64.73), but there's no word yet on when the title will be coming out over here.

Early titles in the multi million selling Dragon Quest series appeared on Nintendo platforms, before the franchise decamped to PlayStation, but the recent rebirth of Nintendo via the success of Wii and DS means, from a business perspective, it just makes financial sense to target those markets.

More details when we get them.

I wonder how many years it will take to make, considering how long IX is taking. I am just starting IV DS, so I can wait. Great news though. It will sure sell a lot of Wii's...as if they aren't selling like hot-cakes already.

It'll cost 5,980 yen ($64.73)
    The Squenix Tax is ridiculous. "Next gen" prices for a game that looks 10 years old? No thanks.

DCEmu Rookie

if it takes 2-3 years to make..... It might get released on the Wii 2

DCEmu Regular

What's not to say DQ X has been in development alongside DQ IX. Maybe DQ IX is made as a test version for what they kind of want to do in DQ X. DQ IX has some new gameplay elements to it from what I've been seeing and reading. This is great news regardless. I bet DQ X will come out end of 2009 or 2010 1st Quarter. Imagine if Microsoft forked out the money to get it on 360 in Japan. They would be selling 360's like crazy! Regardless, playing a new DQ on an actual TV again will be quite nice.

Thread Information