Thread: NeoCD PSP 0.7.2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up NeoCD PSP 0.7.2 (NeoCD Emu for PSP)

Zelurker has released a new version of his continuation of Yoyofrs original Neogeo CD Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

<blockquote>Version 0.7.2

- The copy-protected neocd games don't need to be cracked anymore (as in
    version 0.5). It was a very primitive copy protection system !
    - Adjust fps to 59 fps : nam 1975 intro was obviously too fast in 0.7.1
    (not in sync with cdaudio sound).
    - The music not playing in the kof serie seems to be fixed.
    - The path of the last rom loaded is saved now when you exit the emulator</blockquote>

Download at our Comprehensive NeoGeoCD Emulator download page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/neocdpsp.shtml

Neo Turf Masters is broken now for me. I have tried installing it as one zip file, one zip file with mp3's in music folder and as a folder itself containing all the files (mp3's included). It gives the erros of "didn't recognize se_02.a80 (-1) then it goes haywire. It's the same error no matter how I install it so I guess thats good. However I think this Emulator is awesome the improvement's have been amazing. King of Fighter's 98 works great though it occasionally says it can't find a mp3 file (and so do other games). I have it setup as one zip file (minus mp3's) and the music in the music folder. I am truly amazed at how well the zipped rom support works for large games. Also the sound quality is great in Bust a Move the sound quality is noticeably better.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilds73
    Neo Turf Masters is broken now for me. I have tried installing it as one zip file, one zip file with mp3's in music folder and as a folder itself containing all the files (mp3's included). It gives the erros of "didn't recognize se_02.a80 (-1) then it goes haywire. It's the same error no matter how I install it so I guess thats good. However I think this Emulator is awesome the improvement's have been amazing. King of Fighter's 98 works great though it occasionally says it can't find a mp3 file (and so do other games). I have it setup as one zip file (minus mp3's) and the music in the music folder. I am truly amazed at how well the zipped rom support works for large games. Also the sound quality is great in Bust a Move the sound quality is noticeably better.

Dude you have to make a folder, name it Neo Turf Masters, put your zipped rom(without any mp3s in it) in there. make another folder name it the same thing (Neo Turf Masters) and put that in your music folder with all the mp3s.

should work for you try to make sure you put any and all related files into that zip archive.

yeah I did that it works fine for the other games I tested. I don't believe my error has anything to do with sound. Currently KoF is installed just as you mentioned and works fine though it say's it can't fine some mp3's once in awhile though they are all there. I assume it's an error recognizing the file or something. When it goes all haywire I can actually see the game screen tiled in four displays.

Just want to say great work on this EMU. The frequent and repeated updates have been most generous. This is truly one of the best works of homebrew on the PSP.

Still having problem with PULSTAR where if you pause the game you lose all background music until a new level starts. But just going to the emu menu instead of pausing is an alternative that works. Not the end of the world.

hey
    can this run any neo geo roms or is the a speciffic neogeo cd rom? i tried a few of my old neogeo roms, but i havent had any luck yet.....
    thanks!

It's only the CD roms they can't be cartridge roms.

One little problem tho......

when you go into sleep mode and return playing(KOF'99 for me)it will eventually freeze up and crash.

Thread Information