Thread: Gemz 0.97.0 DC

Blog Entries

Dreamcast Gemz 0.97.0 DC

News/release from Indiket.

After living a few intense days, what better way to relax and savor the Homebrew ports and interesting, no?
    Today I bring you a new port for our Blanquita, a game that you have asked in the forums here and have a good alternative.

It is the GEMZAR. This game is a free clone of the famous Bejeweled. Although not have sound, if anyone is encouraged to add something it is not difficult to modify. In this version you can not save / load a game.

As chula feature, you can add different tilesets (Types tab) without touching anything about code. Includes 4 tilesets (the normal and even one of the Smurfs xD). Someone is encouraged to make a sonic? xD

License: GPL.
    Author: Jonathan Bilodeau
    Web: http://gemz.sourceforge.net/

I have read that Quzar had tried something with this port, but I have not seen the final version ... In any case, this version works perfectly. It is advisable to use it with the mouse, but also works with the analog pad.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Dream Coder

Gemz.zip Ported it in 05.
    Last edited by quzar; December 16th, 2008 at 01:57. Reason: Link removed, mostly wanted to get it to Indiket.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    Gemz.zip Ported it in 05.
    Well, in the "strict" sense of the word, yes. It was ported in 05... but it is not working as good as this one.

Sorry for not introduce myself first. My nick is Indiket, I'm a dreamcast fan, in my free time I try to do some ports to DC, and finally I have decided to register on dcemu.

Returning to the topic, before trying my port I searched on Google about a gemz port for Dreamcast. And I only got this result:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1744

And I think you didn't publish it. I have tried your version (where's the source, GPL anyone?), and well, still doesn't work the mice with the pad (I don't have real mice now to try it). I suppose that in 2005 the SDL Dreamcast library didn't have the mouse support.

Anyway, I don't wanna get any misunderstood, but maybe sometimes short answers can be a bit "unpolite".

See ya!
    Last edited by Indiket; December 18th, 2008 at 00:02.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Indiket View Post
    Well, in the "strict" sense of the word, yes. It was ported in 05... but it is not working as good as this one.

Sorry for not introduce myself first. My nick is Indiket, I'm a dreamcast fan, in my free time I try to do some ports to DC, and finally I have decided to register on dcemu.

Returning to the topic, before trying my port I searched on Google about a gemz port for Dreamcast. And I only got this result:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1744

And I think you didn't publish it. I have tried your version (where's the source, GPL anyone?), and well, still doesn't work the mice with the pad (I don't have real mice now to try it). I suppose that in 2005 the SDL Dreamcast library didn't have the mouse support.

Anyway, I don't wanna get any misunderstood, but maybe sometimes short answers can be a bit "unpolite".

See ya!
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that mine was better, yours was unneeded or anything. I saw that you said you hadn't tried it before, so I figured I would link you to it and give a tiny bit of info. I never publically released it because of the things you mentioned above, by loophole though people have access to the private storage on screamcast. The source isn't up there, so that means it doesn't exist anymore =\. Took down the link since you saw it, and that's the only reason I posted it .

(I hope you don't take offense to me also answering in spanish, in the past other dciberians have. I don't mean it to imply that you don't know english.)

Bienvenidos Indiket! Perdoname, no queria ser desgraciado o algo. Mi mensaje era tan corto porque estoy preocupado con examenes. Dijiste que no habias viste mi version, y como eso queria ensenartelo. No tengo ningun problema con ud, ni el nuevo dreamcast es. Disculpame. (Perdona mi castellano tan malo, solomente lo practico durante vacaciones cuando estoy con familia)
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Hey i tested this game today it is a great game i tested using the smurfs tileset and default. I have found there was no problem playing this game. There is one small one but its nothing that will keep you from playing the game the mouse trails and they stick on the screen until you clear a set of gems. Way to go cant wait to see whats next.

Don't worry quzar, I undestand quite a lot of English and you can reply me only in English, only in Spanish or both

Actually, your answer in Spanish is quite funny :-D Not in sense of bad writting hehe (your spanish message is nearly perfect) ^^.

Anyway, thanks for pointing out your version and I appreciate your answer. I have also lots of work until end of month... but hey, I'm still alive!

As with the game, I have also published the source code of the game. If you want to take a look or anything, feel free

Eric: Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's true and the mouse frozens while you are making gems combinations. But I think it's a very small problem. If I get a bit more of time, I could improve it a bit with some music and a new tileset.
    Last edited by Indiket; December 18th, 2008 at 00:21.

Thread Information