Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MasterPiece3D

Default MasterPiece3D

(News Submission by Lostjared)

3D version of MasterPiece is out now, screenshots and download of the game via comments.

PSP Coder

the image is confusing. what is this game about? I might give it a dl later today.

Its a game like Tetris You gotta line up 3 in a row to make them disappear.. You can also rotate the blocks a full 360 degrees.

If anyone has any suggestions for the next build than please post them here..

DCEmu Regular

3D is great, and usually I'm all for it in all things, but I'm not sure it's right for this kind of "Columns" style gameplay. Maybe it's just that the user changeable camera angles don't really help make the game easier to play, they actually make it kind of harder.

I would suggest you pin the camera in place for starters. You could use the camera to do some interesting effects, if you want to put in the time on it. For instance, if somebody eliminates a set of 3, you could shake the camera like an explosion hit it. Likewise, you should show the blocks being destroyed. I would suggest you erase the block that's being destroyed, and instead spawn a small collection of debris that would spray out from each destroyed block. This would give the user some cool feedback when they succeed at destroying a column.

Also what about using some shapes other then boxes? If you'd like, I could send you some simple 3D models, if you have a way of using them. Some 3D backgrounds would be fun too. Again, I don't know what's possible, but if you need some models, I could certainly help you out there.

Here's the list of my personal suggestions again:

#1. Show the blocks being destroyed. (Show debris flying out? Fireworks? Anything?)
    #2. Shake the screen to show the blocks exploding
    #3. Lock down the camera at a helpful angle
    #4. New models? (background and blocks)

And if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Send me a Private Message and I'll get back to you shortly.

Default Update

yeah those a great ideas.. i already added a background and pause so you can rotate the camera without the blocks moving down so you can adjust it just right. Plus I added sound for users with 1.5
    I think the idea of the blocks showing a effect when they are cleared is a good one I actually wrote something kind of like this in Direct3D

http://lostsidedead.biz/software for the Direct3D version.

Note there are 2 builds one for 1.5 (with sound) and one for 2.01+ (no sound)

HOLY FUGGEN CRAP... thet looks alot better!!
    great job!

DCEmu Pro

Yeh I gotta say I am personally impressed by this piece of homebrew. Amazing job

nice job dude, and it's in 3D!!!, keep it up

Thats kinda cool...
    Not much of a tetris fan though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information