Thread: Nintendogs Type Game Coming to PSP

Blog Entries

Default Nintendogs Type Game Coming to PSP

Source British Gaming

Yuke’s Media Creations, the developers behind many wrestling games on multiple platforms, has announced a new project for Sony PSP. Its a dog simulation named The Dog Happy Life. The release date in Japan is 27 April, 2006.. do the publishers (who are currently unknown) have the balls to give this a western release in direct competition with Nintendo’s puppy simulator?

The screen shots show that you can take photos of your dog, select accessories and change the items of the house. If this game wants to succeed over Nintendogs, the simulator will have to make use of the PSPs functions, such as allowing you to download new accessories off the internet, let you listen to music off the memory stick in your home and maybe turn images from your pro duo into posters for your doggy pad.

Screenshots via the comments:

omg that looks weird. but still it will have no competition with nintendogs cuz DS has a touch screen and you can actually pet your dog and throw things and blow up ballons etc. i wil still get it tho cuz i like dog sims ^_^ i hope they dont emulate nintendogs and make it so u can actually put on more than 1 accessory at once (i.e. with nintendogs you could only have 1 accessory on at once: a collar, glasses, a flower, or a hat. and only 1 at a time.) it would be cool if in nintendogs you could put on more than one i would so put on camo collar top hat \ deer antlers and 3-d glasses \ party glasses!!!! cant wait till US released

god dammit, Nintendogs sucks

well, this is actually good, cause since nintendogs on ds was so popular, sony copied it to there system basically. maybe this means well see copies of Mario Kart, Mario & Luigi, Zelda, and other games to psp

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Sounds fun cant someone do a PUSSY simulator ??

DCEmu Rookie

It doesn't get much more rip-offy than this. It's not going to work, though... part of the reason that Nintendogs was such a success was that it was sold to a general audience, and was available on a low-cost game console. The PSP's high price and narrow user base (18-24 year olds males like Xuphorz who have no interest in these games) will doom this release to failure.

Sony's been stealing a lot of Nintendo's ideas in the hopes of selling PSPs in Japan... when Nintendo releases a Japanese to English dictionary, Sony responds with a voice translator. When Nintendo releases Wario Ware: Touched!, Sony responds with Ape Academy and Baito Hell. It's probably as close as Sony will ever come to admitting defeat in the handheld system wars.

JR

DCEmu Newbie

On the contarty, this game will probably be HUGE in Japan, then it will come to the US and everyone will vomit out of their eyes.
    Then Sony will have to hang their heads in shame and walk back to their girly asian boys.

(18-24 year olds males like Xuphorz who have no interest in these games)
    18 here

anyway, your right, these type of "cute simulators" have no interestes in my generation of males, so i'm just hoping better games like zelda and mario 3d platformer type games will come along sometime (Daxter for psp looks alot like a zelda rip-off, and nothing like other Jak games)

Thread Information