Thread: Personal Utility Disc Coming Out on the 16th Feb

Blog Entries

Default Personal Utility Disc Coming Out on the 16th Feb

Via our pals at PSPVault, PSPMag posted this news:

<blockquote>Sony Computer Entertainment Korea has announced they'll be releasing the "Personal Utility Disc," or "PUD," on February 16th. There are three primary features of the disc: "PSP Online," "Contents Viewer," and "Dosirak Player."

PSP Online appears to offer services similar to NESPOT. Please see the NESPOT articles mentioned earlier for more information about its capabilities. It provides streaming contents such as music, videos, electronic books, comics, and educational materials.

The Contents Viewer feature allows users to view electronic book, comics, and web clips that are stored on their Memory Stick. This feature was also covered in this previous PSP-Vault article. The Contents Viewer feature will also allow for "multitasking," so that users can listen to music while reading comics, for example.

The dosirak Player is an audio player that supports the dosirak electronic music distribution service. This feature was also covered in a previous article. It's unclear exactly what this means, but I presume it involves purchasing and downloading songs, then listening to them. Perhaps you're to listen to music using the dosirak Player while reading comics in the Contents Viewer?</blockquote>

Many screenshots via the comments.

DCEmu Newbie

Worse... acronym... ever. I know that in most places if you walked up to a guy and said "Hey, Buddy, check out my P.U.D." you would get the crap kicked out of ya...

At least here in the U.S.

heh heh, you said pud...

Oh yeah, for you outside the US, pud is slang for a male member...
    (it's derived from the word pudendum)

Default sony has a small pud!

requires fw 2.7 im guessing?

when i heard utility disc i was hopinh for a blank UMD to burn things onto 'n such....

PS3 User

This is pretty cool, seeing as the one thing I thaught was the most annoying thing about the psp was that it didnt play music and be able to go online or look at photos at the same time. Thats one of the reasons why I dont care to go online with it at all, it got to boring just waiting for pages to load and not have anything else occupying your time.

So this is how Sony plans to charge people for system updates without updating. That is what it is, really. They COULD have put this stuff into an update, but instead they sold it on a UMD. And besides, IT SUCKS. Unless this Nespot or whatever offers internet anywhere, then NO WAY. And what is the content viewer? A photo viewer? PSP already has that...
    You don't need to know my mental status. You probably don't want to, either.

September 5th, 2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R
    There wont be a N64 emu on the PSP. Not one that is playable anyways.
    Need LocationFree help? Send me a PM!

DCEmu Newbie

You're probably right IndianCheese, but I'm thrilled that they didn't make an update for it!

Thread Information