Thread: Ghosts 'n Goblins to spook US PSPs

Blog Entries

Default Ghosts 'n Goblins to spook US PSPs

Source - Gamespot

Last August, Famitsu first revealed that Capcom was developing Ghosts 'n Goblins for the PlayStation Portable. However, in the interim, no North American release information was divulged by the Japanese publisher, making many wonder if the game also known as Goku Makaimura would arrive stateside.

As it turns out, American Ghosts 'n Goblins fans are in luck. Capcom today announced that the game will be released in the US under the title Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins. Set for a third-quarter ship, the game updates the infamously challenging side-scrolling series with a new plot that follows franchise hero Sir Arthur on an all-new adventure. This time around, the knight will do his best to save a princess while fighting off a horde of various undead beasties.

Though a side-scrolling adventure, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins is based on a 3D graphics engine, providing for more-detailed characters and environments. It will also have a branching storyline that will see Arthur pick up new objects to take on new foes across five stages, each with a boss battle at the end.

Nice! I always had a thing for this game. Being about 6 years old spotting the box for ghosts 'n goblins for the NES at my Uncles house was a big influence in my Video Game craze. Super Ghoul's 'n Ghosts for the SNES is one of the hardest games I have ever played. I'm looking forward to this.

Fantastic - I grew up playing Ghouls'n Ghosts in the arcade - it's my all time fav game.

UGnG may be the one game that I'll upgrade my firmware from 1.5 to 2.* just to play!!!

Cool...I had Super Ghouls and Ghosts years ago on the SNES, and recently been playing it on the PSP SNES9x emulator, it runs great.

I also noticed that there's a difference between the UK and the US versions of the game, the US being harder, with more enemies throughtout the levels and less continues. Also the US version of the game runs about 3 frames faster than the UK version.

Thread Information