Thread: Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - PSP

Blog Entries

Default Valkyrie Profile Lenneth - PSP

News from Lik Sang

As Square Enix work towards releasing Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria late this year for the PS2, they've also been busy bees porting the incredible 1999 original from the PSOne to the PSP. Based on Norse mythology, you play Lenneth Valkyrie who collects the souls of those who die tragic deaths, then converts them into powerful soldiers ready for a final apocalyptic battle between the Ęsir and Vanir, Ragnarok. Taking you back to the good old days, dungeons play out as 2D side scrolling affairs with non-random turn based fight scenes and a whole lot of magic. The fantastic fighting system was one of the reasons this game achieved such a cult following in the first place, and thankfully still holds up brilliantly today.

There's over 20 playable characters to be found, and as you progress through the adventure your strength builds up to a truly incredible amount, where later in the game you'll be dishing out damage points in the millions! The game has been re-designed to take full advantage of the PSP's 16:9 widescreen, and replacing the original static cut scenes are completely animated FMV sequences. Several brand new scenes also help tie this and upcoming prequel together. Coming late this week, even if you don't know Japanese, if you've played the original you can experience all the benefits of this PSP edition, and still understand the story.

the graphics look pretty good, Square Enix games are wicked at the end of the day, lets see how this one goes.

DCEmu Newbie

This is the must buy game of the year.
    Until FF comes out for the PSP, this game will be the only thing holding my attention to my PSP for a LONG while.
    (unless SNES TYL 0.4 comes out before that)

Any release date yet? all i see is info, is it out already? cmon wraggster don't get lazy on us lol

i'm FINALLY back at the last boss of tales of destiny 2 (still stuck) on the psp remake

i like how alot of cool oldies are coming back, power stone/ps2 HELL YEAH!

having single system games has always ruined poor gamers times

i so hope we see games like grandia 1 or chrono cross *explodes*

anyway ive always wanted to play vp any idea on firmware requirements?

ps. tales of eternia was 1.5 since jp release was almost early enough to be a launch title

either way its great to see psp umds release that make people want psp over ds as well as the scene here still alive and jumping (psp-news is the only real site >.>)

the graphics look pretty good

Thread Information