Underpowered graphics, to an aging celebrity starring in his first video game, are like soft candlelight at a romantic dinner. Dan Aykroyd "loves" the Wii version of Ghostbusters "because it resembles 'The Incredibles.'"

In a web-only interview with Newsweek, Aykroyd justifies his love for the Wii's hated-on visuals.

Honestly, I love the way we look in the Wii platform, because it resembles the animation that was done in "The Incredibles." Anybody who looks like an Incredible is automatically a superhero. And I was so pleased that they shaved off at least 60 pounds from my current bulk. The boys look good. We resemble the actors who were in the first movie. You wouldn't want us out there looking as we do today.

That's right, Nintendo can slim you down with more than just Wii Fit. Because fewer polygons also mean fewer lovehandles, jowls and mantits.

You really should read the rest of the interview, even if you're not a fan of Ghostbusters. It's always interesting to hear a longtime, accomplished actor's take on the differences in performing for screen or for video game. "Our effort was in really providing the volume of audio work that's required for a videogame. A screenplay's 120 pages, and a videogame is 600," he says. Also, because his face was mo-capped for dialogue, there were no opportunities for improvised dialogue, which is what helped Bill Murray make the original franchise so zany.

http://kotaku.com/5207949/aykroyd-pr...anks-very-much