Music games are the hot ticket these days, so to few folks' surprise, Konami is kicking out the jams once again with a new Karaoke Revolution. I'd tell you what the title is, but the developer/publisher didn't seem to be sharing anything of this sort at its recent Gamer's Day event.

The only details we have were stripped from a once-played trailer. We know that the game will include more than 50 tracks from artists such as Coldplay, Kelly Clarkson, the All American Rejects, Incubus and Lady Gaga. The game will also include an enhanced character creation component which will allow you to morph, stretch and generally manipulate the look of your character's face and body through the use of analog sliders. In other words, no more picking from a set of predefined mugs. You'll also be able to customize venues to some degree, though the trailer didn't show this off too much.

And... that's pretty much all I was able to surmise from the trailer. It seems clear that Konami wanted to make sure we knew it was coming without going into too much detail, which is pretty much exactly where we're at. I can say that it's coming to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii later this year. Hopefully we'll know more about the game before it ships to shelves.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/971/971925p1.html