Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP firmware 5.50 coming real soon

psp PSP firmware 5.50 coming real soon

The US Playstation Blog reports that version 5.50 for the PSP will be coming soon. Apparently it's out tommorow April 21st (as CVG reports). Here's an extract showing the new features:
    • Memory Stick improvements – You’ll be able to create and access sub-folders on your Memory Stick PRO Duo for music, videos and photos. Separately, the available space required to download a file from PlayStation Store to your Memory Stick has been reduced significantly.
    • Internet search for games directly from the XMB – You’ll be able to easily search the Internet for information about your PSP games. Select the icon for the game, hit the Triangle button, and then select [Internet Search] from the options menu to get search results based on the game title. This feature was added to PS3 with the recent 2.70 update.
    • Trend Micro trial – PSP’s Internet browser is a great tool for checking out your favorite Web sites on the go, and we’re teaming up with the Internet security experts at Trend Micro to make the Web browsing experience safer and more secure. With the 5.50 update, you’ll have the option to access a free trial of two Trend Micro services:

Trend Micro Web Security uses Web reputation technology to block PSP owners from accidentally visiting a Web site that may contain malicious content designed to steal personal information and confidential data.

Trend Micro Kids’ Safety uses URL filtering technology to prevent children from accessing Web sites that feature inappropriate content.

Oh and also it'll have the RSS Information Board just like the PS3 has as well and of course most probably will have security updates to top it off.

So then, what's your thoughts on the upcoming release? Reply via comments below.
    Last edited by Shrygue; April 20th, 2009 at 22:09.

wow you're quick, i was just about to post this

It seems CVG here says that the update is coming tomorrow, fingers crossed that it will.

DCEmu Rookie

hey! i actually read news before i saw it on dcemu! this is off topic but i dont get any help in the "help" forum. is there problems with psx eboots on 5.0 m33 6 because i cant load games that i could before on 3.90 m33. :-(
    Last edited by ian h; April 20th, 2009 at 22:11. Reason: misspelling

What a bunch of crappy, barely useless features, IMO.

DCEmu Rookie

atleast the update isnt just a "security measure"

The only thing I will like in this is...

# Memory Stick improvements – You’ll be able to create and access sub-folders on your Memory Stick PRO Duo for music, videos and photos. Separately, the available space required to download a file from PlayStation Store to your Memory Stick has been reduced significantly.
    because it just makes life easier ( although weve already had this via homebrew means...atleast its now intergrated into the firmware )
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

Now all they need to do is allow you to sort music and pictures alphabetically (mainly for reading manga on the psp, if anybody has tried it, they know, it's a pain)

Quote Originally Posted by ian h View Post
    hey! i actually read news before i saw it on dcemu! this is off topic but i dont get any help in the "help" forum. is there problems with psx eboots on 5.0 m33 6 because i cant load games that i could before on 3.90 m33. :-(
    Have you tried popsloader?

The memstick thing is nice. Other than that, just another waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information