MetaFight has updated Harmonium to v1 beta3.

Harmonium is, to put it plainly, a musical doodling tool. The user can manipulate notes on a 16x16 grid to create melodies within a pentatonic scale. On top of this already addictive concept, you can bring things to life by enabling Conway's Game of Life!

It's not the easiest thing to explain, so just try it!

7 July 2009

It finally happened... I got a job. That means I won't be able to work on homebrew nearly as much as before. I was hoping to skip a beta3 release and go straight to v1 but considering the little amount of free time I have that would talk a while. I thought it would be better to release what I have now and simply tell people it's still not done yet ... So here it is! Harmonium v1 beta3!

A lot has changed since the original release!
Noticeably: Grid shifting, grid history, grid saving/loading, more evolution modes, UI changes, and probably more...
Less Noticeably: The playback system now uses only one ASND voice per column (this removes all note drops, yay!), sound playback is now even (yay!).

What I didn't get around to doing (yet):

Fix the tuning to 440Hz
Fix software mixing so loundess is constant
Tweak the UI.
And probably a few more things I'm too lazy to go find in my notes.
So, I guess that's it for now. I hope you enjoy this release. Version 1 final is probably a long way away.

-- MetaFight

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments