News from the Doom DS Site:

We now have two separate Doom projects for the DS, DoomDS and Doom3 DS.
The Doom3 DS site is completed, but not online just yet, it wont be long though so be patient.

DoomDS will be based purely on the classic Doom games, whereas our sister project Doom3 DS is obviously based in the Doom3 universe. The decision to create two separate projects was brought on by the fact that DoomDS in its evolved form was becoming very complex and perhaps a bit ambitious for our first attempt. We are using DoomDS to learn about the DS and hopefully get us ready to work on Doom3 DS.

DoomDS quickly evolved into a story driven game with features that the standard Doom engine would not have been anywhere near capable of handling. We needed a much more advanced engine that would need to be created from scratch, which is something we are currently not experienced enough to start. DoomDS will hopefully give us a much better understanding of the DS and showcase just what it is capable of.

DoomDS is based on the original Doom engine and will be somewhat similar to Doom64.

It will not be a port for the DS, but will feature alot of Doom64's visual look. For a better understanding of DoomDS, head over to the about page and get reading.

The media page has been updated and all old content removed, the new media will be uploaded as soon as we finish some texturing work. Don't expect any in-game shots for a while yet though.

I want to thank everyone who has emailed asking questions and giving suggestions, its great your all still interested in the project and keeping an eye on it. Email's from people asking questions that have been covered on the website many times before will not be answered, and requests for us to port Counter Strike will go unanswered also, we are not porting CS so quit asking.

I'm still a very busy person, and will most likely be even busier soon, if things go to plan i will announce it here on this site, but I wont get my hopes up just yet.

The team currently consists of myself and a dedicated programmer by the name of Robert Lubawski.
Rob is a machine and has been so dedicated with the project and has been doing the best he can, even though he does not own a DS. Rob has even written a dual screen FPS simulator with the same screen dimensions as the DS, just so we can test levels and art assets! The simulator is awesome and features a 3D map on the lower screen that looks just like Metroid Prime. We may show some pic's of this at a later date, but not now.

Obviously DS programming is very different, so Rob's move into DS territory is slow. His DS demo's so far are fantastic and prove that he will get to grips fast. He is limited to my own testing and emulators, so the donation button has been put back online, in the hope Rob can get a DS.

Previous donations went towards getting a DS for Michele Pace. Michele now works for a commercial game company and has little spare time to devote to DoomDS. It is a shame, but thats life and I know that I too would prioritize my real life work ahead of my DS hobbies. I'm glad to see Michele working in the games industry, he's a very talented programmer and a very nice guy too.

Good luck Michele!

I must be off now, as there are models to be textured and real life issues to deal with.

Shame on those who said we were dead, we're here till the end!

More info --> http://dual-soft.com/doomds/