Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSP Radio with Links 2 Browser Plugin

Blog Entries

psp PSP Radio with Links 2 Browser Plugin

Raf and the PSP Radio Team have released a new pre release version of their streaming music application for the PSP, heres te release details:

-This version of PSPRadio has reduced memory allocation to allow links2 to work (links is very memory hungry, specially if images are enabled.. you may need to disable images for your favorite website to work....)
    -It includes Danzeff OSK (Thanks Danzel!)
    -The 'homepage' has some pointers on how to use it....
    -If it runs out of memory it may take you to the red screen; you will need to kill it (L+R+START) to go back to pspradio.
    -priorities still need to be tweaked so that music can be listened right while browsing
    -go to file: OS SHELL to switch back to PSPRadio, then select the links2 plugin again to get back to the browser.
    -the mouse cursor will ocasionally leave traces. just "left click" on a blank spot of the screen to clear it out.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Talking

Oh....... WOW I usually don't do much posting around here, but this I just couldn't pass up commenting on. Not only do us 1.5FW users finally get a browser, it's perfectly integrated with another killer PSP app, PSPRadio -- one of the few apps I always keep on my PSP and keep current... plus, it's Links! Me being a Linux geek and all, I should be right at home...

Raf & co. -- many many thanks for all your efforts in making shoutcast on the PSP work so flawlessly, and *mega* thanks for the browser! I've been wishing there were an easier, more reliable way of web browsing on a 1.5 unit than using the MPH FW Loader... you made my wish come true, it would seem!

Keep up the awesome work!

--Eilonwy05

i agree. it is a bit buggy but it is a damn fine first attempt for a workable browser. im looking forward to this app now more than ever (and i always had a copy of this on my psp)

Wow, this is amazing finally being able to surf the web with homebrew. Keep up the good work!

awsome.. but i cant get it to connect to anything.. odd

it started working all of a sudden... check this out

Fantastic!

Is it any better than Fired up Browser?

i dont have 1.5 but i can downgrade to try this but can u listen to music and browse the web at the same time

PSP User

Best browser by far! I am practically in love with it. I like it better than the 2.0 browser...

Cooe14,
    It's much better than the Fired Up Browser! Has tons of features, and is very customizable through the options in the menus. It can do things Fired Up can't like download things to the memory stick, view frames (but not iframes), go to any url from ANY page, search the page your on, and has complete control over options (i.e. turning off images or javascript, etc.) Much better than Fired Up, and it can play music in the background (with a little speed loss).

drew4237,
    Yes you can listen to music, but it does make it a little slower. Still loads, but if you're going to an image-heavy site, you might want to either turn off images or turn of the music.

Wraggster,
    May I suggest you make a PSP-friendly PSP-news.dcemu.co.uk? Pretty much all you need to do is cut off the amount of news posts that the main page shows, and maybe put like a "page 2" and "page 3" that has more if they want to go back more. Other than that, the site works pretty well on the PSP, but it just seems to take too much memory, so if you just cut off some of the news posts, I think that'd be fine. You could give it a subdomain, like psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp or something. Only a suggestion...

i just got to say. wow.
    keep up the great work!
    hope the memory problem gets fixxed soon!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information