Thread: Iwata: May the Force be Wii you

Blog Entries

Rev Iwata: May the Force be Wii you

Via CVG

Since its unveiling last year, the Wii controller's inspired all sorts of frenzied speculation as to what sorts of games it might be used for. On many a gamer's wishlist though, one thing crops up again and again - lightsaber duelling, courtesy of Nintendo's spacially-sensitive remote.

While rumours were rife that we'd see just such a game revealed at E3 this year, it wasn't to be. However, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has further added fuel to the flames in an interview with The Seattle Times. On the subject of adding a speaker to the Wii remote, Iwata suddenly gallops off at a wholly unexpected tangent, revealing, "We really want [George] Lucas to think about making a game where this can be used as a lightsaber. It should be fun."

So, intergalatic wand-waving, accompanied by that familiar "fzzzzt-wuuuuuuuujjjjjjj" noise: Iwata definitely seems to want it, and we saw a couple of LucasArts bigwigs loitering around outside the Nintendo press conference last week too, which can only be a good sign.

Could this grandest of dreams yet become reality? Come on George, leave the $#@!ty prequels alone and jump to it!

Dcemu Coder

Ahh yes george is a good coder too. I saw some vertex based 3D flight games of him (very old but futuristic for that time). Also he is known for Lucarts as well. And then he has his fingers in that sounds things. I am not shure if it was 7.1 sound....
    But he would definetly be the right one for that.

You are right, the prequals are crap, and yes the first thing I thought of when I saw the wii was Sega's old Star Wars arcade machine with the flight stick / saber.

This system was made for Star Wars!

Hopefully the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series will get back to it's 1st person roots a bit more, and get away fromt that 3D crap too, as once again this system could hold the greatest Dark Forces game yet!

Blog Entries

whoops wrong news forum :P

DCEmu Rookie

I can only hope and pee my pants in hope!

first of all, i'm getting so sick of people saying their peeing or $#@!ting their pants while reading the news. it was cool at first, but now its EVERYWHERE. lol. I also wanted to say that I can't wait for wireless lightsaber fights with people across the net. (possibly with a camera so you are actually fighting the person?)

Thread Information