The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks is probably the least anticipated Zelda game in recent memory. Upon its reveal, Twilight Princess on Gamecube was treated to wild applause and later went on to be just as popular as a Wii game. Phantom Hourglass was new and exciting at the time of its DS debut, and fans of the Wind Waker style had reason to be hyped for it. It also represented the first major change for Zelda in a while, so naturally, it was kept under constant surveillance and talked about regularly.

Spirit Tracks on the other hand, is something of an oddball in how it’s being perceived. While, like its immediate predecessor, it was revealed at the Game Developer’s Conference, there was some confusion as to just what the game was after its reveal. The mention of Link riding a train made it sound like some sort of a spin-off rather than a proper sequel to Phantom Hourglass. Ever since then, barely anyone has spoken of it and even Nintendo have refrained from releasing much information on the game. You’ve got to wonder how many people actually perceive it as the next real Zelda based on their first impression of it earlier in the year.

Luckily, Nintendo have been more forthcoming with info on the game of late. At the recent Nintendo investor Q&A, Miyamoto neatly sidestepped a question about Zelda Wii and pointed, instead, to Spirit Tracks:

"I was hoping you’d ask about the most recent Zelda for DS. On December 23rd in Japan we are going to release The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, a sequel of Phantom Hourglass. It’s really fun and challenging. On the other hand it might be a bit difficult for many new Japanese Zelda players who experienced their first adventure on Phantom Hourglass. I believe Spirit Tracks have achieved a unique style and I think you can anticipate the core value of Zelda!"

More --> http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/08...spirit-tracks/