Pate has posted more WIP News concerninh his Dos Emulator for DS:

I spent some time looking into supporting Master of Orion in DSx86. I found that supporting it at this stage of DSx86 development is rather difficult. The issues I ran into when attempting to run MOO in DSx86 were the following:

Master of Orion requires at least 1024KB of EMS, and it needs the EMS provider to follow LIM EMS specification 4.0. I have only supported version 3.0, as that is much simpler and is sufficient for Wing Commander 2. Adding support for version 4.0 is possible, but not very easy.
Master of Orion does not use the standard 320x200 256-color mode, but instead a tweaked VGA mode (I haven't yet determined which tweaked VGA mode, Mode-X or Mode-Y or something else). I have a lot of work still to do in supporting the standard modes, so I don't want to tackle the tweaked modes yet.
The game also uses the AdLib/SoundBlaster music a bit differently than Wing Commander 2, it seems to use the AdLib inbuilt timer instead of the system timer to sync the music. I haven't yet coded support for the sound card internal timer.
I will most likely return to working on supporting Master of Orion at a later time, but I am going to add support for some simpler games first.

http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/