Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS Lite - it's a sell out!

Blog Entries

NDS DS Lite - it's a sell out!

News from Gamespot

The DS Lite has finally launched in North America, and some retailers opened their doors at midnight Saturday night--the very earliest that stores could legally sell the handheld. The DS Lite is a new spin on the original DS, which was released in late 2004. Smaller, lighter, and including a brighter screen, the Lite is available in the Polar White model for $129.99

That is, if you can find one. The launch of the DS Lite is yet another example of new gaming systems selling out on day one in metropolitan areas. The major online retailers, including GameStop.com, EBgames.com, BestBuy.com, and Amazon.com (by way of GameStop.com), are currently all sold out (as of press time), as are several brick-and-mortar stores.

Availability of the unit doesn't seem to be as bad in the US as it was in Japan. Gamers determined to pick up a DS Lite today can probably do so, providing they don't mind driving an hour or two.

I knew it would be a big hit! I gota get one

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Me too. Unfortunatly all the stores around me are sold out...With the exception of target that has like 20 of them! Probaly gonna have to get one today.

every store except gamestop eb and bestbuy has them in stock, im getting one this week

all those are sold out by me. Target is the only one left...Now i just need to go get it before it sell out! lol

Quote Originally Posted by JmanUmmKay
    all those are sold out by me. Target is the only one left...Now i just need to go get it before it sell out! lol
    Well, you better hurry! I bet by the end of this week, no store will have them instock.

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

The Lite looks cool, but still not a huge improvment over the original. I think the GBA to the GBA SP was a huge improvement. I'm just gonna stick with my slightly more bulky DS.

Its a pretty big improvement...brighter screens, Lighter DS, the touch screen is more sensitive(like a PDA), The battery life has doubled and now up to 19 hours, Better stylus, Aloung with a new look. Makes a huge difference to me anyway. So i decided to get one. But i never bought a DS before. So i'm taking advantage of the situation instead of getting one when they originaly came out...I waited for a revision that happens about every year lol.

I have an original DS, and even still i think its a big improvement, considering i take my DS just about everywhere i go, i could use the extra pocketspace with a DS lite

DCEmu Newbie

ebgames here only got 6 units......Wal-mart got about 20 and I got mine tonight. Awesome stuff! Got MML on the way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information