Thread: Portable HangMan V1.0

Blog Entries

psp Portable HangMan V1.0

kennethdm posted this news/release:

Another simple game which used to be played a lot. After my last PMM release, some guy asked me why no one ever made a hangman game for the psp. And since it isn't that hard to code, here is one
    The goal is simple, use the keyboard to guess a letter which you think is in word you have to guess. If it is a letter of the word(s), this letter will be
    shown at the correct place(s). If the letter is not present in the word(s), one part of the gallow will be drawn, this until you either run out of guesses,
    or you guess the word. There is also a category displayed for each word, at the moment there are 4:
    - songs (number one songs)
    - movies (top box office movies)
    - sports
    - animals

You can press Triangle to take a screenshot.

for people who aren't satisfied with the words currently available, or if they want to translate it to their own language, you can. Just open the hangword.txt file, where you can add or delete words. the first letter of the word is the
    theme:
    a = animal
    s = song
    p = sport
    m = movie

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Cool! Im sure someone asked for this in another thread and here it is! You ask and you get!

DCEmu Newbie

Indeed, when I released my portable mastermind game, someone posted this in the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSMoke
    I love this idea of setting up a puzzle for another player to solve. Is there any thought about doing a Hangman game for the PSP, where one player can set the hidden word(s) for the other player to solve?

I wonder why nobody's done a Hangman game to date? Seems like a simple enough game with plenty of replay value. Could even toss in some multi-player support with some Wheel-of-Fortune style gameplay.

Word games K-I-C-K A-_-_ ! (Fill in the blanks)
    so I made one wasn't really that much of an effort anyway

its a time killer

hmm. Looks interesting, but I'm running out of space on my memory stick. Sorry!

Thread Information