Thread: PS2Doom/PS2KVM News

Blog Entries

ps2 PS2Doom/PS2KVM News

News via http://ps2homebrewing.wordpress.com/

Recently I’ve tried PSPKVM, the PSP port of Sun’s open-source JavaME implementation phoneMEFeature and that little thing is amazing!

Having a Java virtual machine brings immediately so many new possibilities for the already vast PSP homebrew scene and I thought it would be incredibly wonderful if a PS2 port would exists!

Just imagine browsing the Internet with a PS2 and the Opera Mini of the Bolt browser, using a MSN Messenger clone, using Google Earth just for the kick, or playing those phone java games some people like.

The sad thing is that I personally have now the skills for doing it but simply don’t have the time for such a project… Maybe it could be more doable with some other devs collaboration. Is any interested and experienced dev reading this?

So, I was hoping to bring out a new release of PS2Doom with some features, but those who are waiting need to wait just a little bit more. Probably it will be out before the end of the year.

So, Merry Xmas for those who celebrate it!

There's a lot of homebrew on PSP that could be ported , i'm thinking also Neo-Geo (MVSPSP) or even Daedalus X64 . But with PSPKVM we would see a totally new face of the PS2 with great web browsing and instant messaging .

Thread Information