Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Firmware - The proof of concept

psp Custom Firmware - The proof of concept

Umm hi. this not some joke, This is the proof of custom Firmware concept By Dark Alex. Theres so much to be said about this, That ill let the readme tell you, However, Know that You risk Bricking your psp If you try this, There have been many success stories with this tho,

Some features that this can do are.

Execute normal pbp's (1.00 ones, no-kxploit)

meaning you wont need to have 2 folders in your PSP/GAME folder to make homebrew run.

hide corrupt icons. (it's not enabled, look at the file /PSP/SYSTEM/config.txt to see how to enable this feature)
    So, even if you still have the two folder homebrew setup. you can still hide the corrupted icons.

skip the gameboot logo at startup.
    Very useful feature
    Recovery mode:". Hold R while starting your psp, will boot Recovery mode.
    Recovery mode is not more than a simple application that will let you to use the usb, and execute a program under ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP, that could be, for example, a sony updater or the 1.50 -> 1.00 downgrader

This allows you to recover potential bricks caused by the writing of bad fonts /videos/sounds... to flash.
    ( This wont let you recover critical things like overwriting prx file in flash)

With this, you may have a chance to unbrick your PSP, if the brick was caused by writing bad fonts/videos/sounds the flash. (Again this wont allow you to recover things like overwriting The prx files)

Autoexecution of a program at the startup. See the configuration file at /PSP/SYSTEM/config.txt to see how to use it.

To install this Just unzip and copy the psp folder on to your memstick, And click yes on any overwrite warnings.

access the file "config.txt" in PSP/SYSTEM with notepad , to do any changes that need be with this mod later.

This is a pretty user friendly program so other then these things you will know what to do once you get there

Again, All I have to say is, Try this at your very own risk, Know that you do run a risk of bricking your psp by trying this!!

Download and try this at your own risk, Leave Feedback Via Comments Below

Cool, cant wait for the full release

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

wtf... coders go nutz in the summer

fan-freakin-tastic!

surprised im an early post, but i cant wait til all the great psp appz get combined into a firmware!

hmmm exactly what is this im a lil confused is it like for firmwares with custom bootsounds and gameboots and it can or could unbrick a psp if u mess up i hope what i said is right becuz iv been working with gameboots and bootsounds for three days now on my devhook firmwares but no luck with boot sounds on the devhok fw and i hope mentioning bootsounds a gboots dont get me in trouble lol

Thumbs up lol

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420
    hmmm exactly what is this im a lil confused is it like for firmwares with custom bootsounds and gameboots and it can or could unbrick a psp if u mess up i hope what i said is right becuz iv been working with gameboots and bootsounds for three days now on my devhook firmwares but no luck with boot sounds on the devhok fw and i hope mentioning bootsounds a gboots dont get me in trouble lol
    Mention of gameboot's and boots sounds is prefectly fine, Basicly what this is, is custom firmware, you can now flash your psp firmware and tweek it with custom options, (in a nut shell thats what this is)
    Still as with any firmware flash, you run the risk of bricking your psp, so caution is advised

ok i was just wondering bc id like to have the custom bsounds an gboots but i dont really wanna risk my psp but maybe this new concept will lead to a solid recovery system for those who do brick there psp and btw this is a lil off topic but could sumone help me out with putting custom boot sounds and on my devhook fw bc im totally clueless im sure its the file called opening_plugin.rco but when i rename the bsound for ex. a bsound called imrichbiotch.vag to opening_plugin.rco it wont work so cud sum1 please help me out and sorry for getting off topic but iv been looking for days on info about this but im having no luck so far

oooo sweet my 100th post im a rookie now lol

DCEmu Newbie

so, is this firmware still using the xmb menu, or is it an nice one, with special high resolution design?

any chance of getting the Macintosh chime on startup?

DCEmu Regular

IMPORTANT: "this thing only works for 1.50"

Hopefully when someone makes a full version it will run on 1.00, not just 1.50...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_AleX @ readme.txt
    - Posibility of skipping the SCE logo at the startup. (and in this way avoid the annoying auto-execution of the UMD)
    I like the sound of that!
    No more stupid UMD autorun on PSP startup, I can't wait for a fw 1.00 version.

DCEmu Pro

I sound like the coder for it actually so sorry but errr what else do you think dark_alex could do with this? Personally I think this will really grow to be big!!! EVEN the PS1 Emulator could be done on this now

But what firmware number will this be?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information