via Computer and Video Games

According to a Sony US PR man, PS3 stand to benefit from the Wii publisher backlash.

Recent times have seen several publishers reconsider their support of Wii as mature / hardcore titles fail to make an impact, while Nintendo's own games rule the roost. Sony America's senior vice president of publisher relations, Rob Dyer, sees his chance to pounce.

"What publishers have said is they're not going to spend the resources on Wii," Dyer told Industry Gamers. "In my job, we compete against Microsoft and Nintendo, and we're competing for resources. So when I walk into a publisher, I ask, 'Where are you guys pushing your resources?' In the past, it was 'Look how hot the Wii is,' or 'Look how hot the DS is,' and 'We should put resources there.'

"They did that and realized, 'You know what, third-party product just doesn't sell on that platform.' So now they're taking those resources, coming back to us and saying, 'Sony we're going to be able to provide you with that exclusive content,' or 'We're going to put more engineers on it and figure out to maximize the Blu-ray and get more out of PS3.' That's what we're seeing now."
The same probably goes for Xbox 360, but Dyer's hardly going to admit that.