News via http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?t=11939&f=54

ThatOtherPerson offers version 0.1 of "UFO Racer", the first demo of his game racing vessel.

I started "working on a racing game. I'm borrowing it from year graphics for older PC game I made for over 9000 years ago but I'm programing it again from scratch and this time ITS going to Be With A 2D top-down perspective and made for Wii.

The IS steering controlled by tilting the Wiimote (just like you do for Excite Truck or Mario Kart). Anything I've never done using the accelerometer Before It Was Actually goal really easy to implement Implements and Fairly Already works well although I'll probably tweak Turning to speed later ". You hold down the 2 button to move forward.

Another thing that's new to me Somewhat Are the rotating sprites. The rotation of the ship IS the first goal is unreasonably track Actually IS rotated in real time. SDL (my primary choice of game development library) Sadly Does not Actually Have Any built in support for rotating surfaces goal Luckily There is Nothing That Cannot Be Accomplished with a few "get / put pixel Functions and a Little bit of math. It Will never be as fast as It Would Be If It Was done with GRRLIB purpose it is already running at a tolerable frame rate in the high thirties and I'm hopeful That I'll be Able to get a bit more speed out of it .

Its just a test demo and I really do not recommend you bother with downloading it yet I figured I would aim share What I've been doing.