Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MMSPlus Updated - Master System and Game Gear Emulator for the PSP

Blog Entries

psp MMSPlus Updated - Master System and Game Gear Emulator for the PSP

Brunni has updated his excellent entry into the Neoflash Coding Competition, heres the full release details:

Hello!!!

I present you my application for the PSP, it's a Master System and Game Gear emulator. It's a port from the excellent SMSPlus with improved compatibilty and good speed. All my games now run without problem! Most SMS games run perfectly at 166 MHz and Game Gear at 133 MHz. Also, there is no more sound glitches ^^
    It can also play GYM music files. Files are placed in a ZIP file, used as a playlist. 6 sample GYMs are included, simply load music.zip in the emulator directory.

Thank you

Sorry, I've made some mistakes in the posted version that I didn't have time to test because I finished yesterday evening, so this one is now fixed:

- The neoflash logo which was using 32-bit mode didn't restore 16-bit at the end, causing a ~15% performance loss.
    - Current skin was not saved properly (you can edit plugins.ini to correct this).

Note that this update comes outside of the contest, so if you test it for voting, download the first version (attached to the first post), but if you plan serious use or to distribute it, download the latest version with the above link.

I forgot to mention that it's the first release of MMSPlus ever. That means it may be some things in it you find stupid Please report them to me

I also forgot to talk about the Z80 overclocking feature, which will allow you to play comfortably games like Sonic Chaos that were slowing down all the time, even on real console.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatibility Via Comments

UPDATE -

use the new fixed version

Great Release!!!

Wish you could have renamed it to like MMSplus.rar to like MMSplus.10 .rar

easy on the download folders.
    This is the best emulator in the way of the Game Gear.
    Playing the translated Shiningg Force 3.. and able to save the game.
    On a real Game Gear using a flash cart It will not run because some rookie coders that put it back together messed it up

Well theres still that problem where you can't name the folders what you want, so we still have corrupt icons...damn, i was so hoping that was fixed when i saw this post...

DCEmu Rookie

3 problems (besides the corrupt icons) when playing in 2.6 GTA Eloader on a TA-082 -

Error at startup hard path C0930295,

Limit of 256 Roms in the Rom path,

PSP crashes on exit from Emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalvampirex
    Well theres still that problem where you can't name the folders what you want, so we still have corrupt icons...damn, i was so hoping that was fixed when i saw this post...
    you should try out a custom firmware, that you wont have to worry about the corrupt icons. You could also make it into a 1.0 eboot.

What great release. Still hoping we can be able to rename it.

Quote Originally Posted by motoko250
    you should try out a custom firmware, that you wont have to worry about the corrupt icons. You could also make it into a 1.0 eboot.
    I Dont really like messing with the custom firmwares, especially only using one for hiding corrupt icons, however, the thought did cross my mind, heh

screenshots, under / over clocking and dual boot (1.5 / 2.71) by one button (w-lan switch up - 2.71)

this is gonna be great, im gonna download this tomorrow and enjoy some classic game gear games, that was my first handheld right there. Ah that brings back memories.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information