Thread: Pspmp3

Blog Entries

psp Pspmp3

Sturatt has released a new MP3 Player for the PSP heres the release details:

I started working on this when i wanted to learn to code for the psp. needless to say, it wasnt meant to be a lifechanging program, just a learning experience. I'm not done with it, there are still a lot of things i'd like to add, but i wanted to get some feedback before i went off to school.

Feel free to email (sturatt [at] gmail [dot] com) me/post here if:

* you find any bugs
    * you have suggestions
    * you think I(the program) suck(s) and think i should stop development immediatly and die

there are some limitations for now, so ill list them. they're all fixable, but i just havent gotten around to it yet

* only supports 500 files being read, with 200 char long paths
    * only supports 200 different albums, with 50 songs each
    * only supports 300 different artists, with 60 albums each
    * only supports 100 subdirectories in each directory
    * doesnt handle mp3's without ID3 tags very well, i cant really explain this one but im looking into it

as you might have noticed, this works through ID3 tags, so if you're mp3s arent tagged (most likely they are) you can just download a free ID3 tagger (there are tons of them, www.google.com) and tag them easily.

things i plan to add in the near future:
    *fast forward/rewind (80% done with this, just need to iron out a bug or two)
    *shuffle
    *sort of sleep mode while still playing mp3s
    *mp3 visualization

This app is fully skinnable, so please if anyone actually uses this someone make a new skin (i suck horribly at graphics)

controls:
    left trigger - switch between currently playing list and media library screen
    right trigger - bring up playlist menu
    x - play song (while on currently playing screen) or add artist/album/song to currently playing list (if on media library screen)
    square/circle - previous/next song
    triangle - pause song
    left/right - switch between artist/album/song categories while on media library screen
    select - exit

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via sturatt

ok i tyred this out an all i got was a freez up at the start up of it and do the mp3s need to be in the pspmp3 folder that cud be my prob but im not sure u might wanna make this to where it reads the mp3s from the music folder cuz i dont feel like havin to put all my music in a folder were i cannot listen to them from my xmb cuz sumtimes i just like to be able to listen to them without havin to load up an app just to do that u might wanna think about that ill keep tryin it out to see if i can get it to work and and iv been messin around with microsoft picture it latly i cud whip up a skin if you want me to but im nowhere near as talented as some are but i do my best just lol but keep it up and i cant wait till your next release

Quote Originally Posted by tophead420
    ok i tyred this out an all i got was a freez up at the start up of it and do the mp3s need to be in the pspmp3 folder that cud be my prob but im not sure u might wanna make this to where it reads the mp3s from the music folder cuz i dont feel like havin to put all my music in a folder were i cannot listen to them from my xmb cuz sumtimes i just like to be able to listen to them without havin to load up an app just to do that u might wanna think about that ill keep tryin it out to see if i can get it to work and and iv been messin around with microsoft picture it latly i cud whip up a skin if you want me to but im nowhere near as talented as some are but i do my best just lol but keep it up and i cant wait till your next release

Yeah, what he said. lol

DCEmu Newbie

Default Keep Developing It!!!!

All your mp3's need to be in the folder PSP/MUSIC. Unfortunately this doesn't allow for subfolders.

freeze here too music in correct folder

Thread Information