Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remote Play" confirmed for PSP, PS3 connectivity

Blog Entries

psp Remote Play" confirmed for PSP, PS3 connectivity

News from PSPVault

Good news for anyone who owns a PSP and may be purchasing a PS3. Sony is currently demonstrating several of the Playstation 3's features at CEATEC JAPAN 2006, a consumer electronics convention currently taking place in Japan.

Sony has been demoing the Playstation 3's "Cross Media Bar" interface, which if you own a PSP, you're already familiar with.

During the demonstration, Sony showed an icon under the Playstation 3's "Network" menu called "Remote Play." As you can see in the image below, it clearly depicts a PSP. Sony has also confirmed that you will be able to use the PS3's integrated WiFi functionality to "throw" the PS3's video signal to your PSP. Details were found in Game Watch's coverage of the event. So not only will you be able to use your PSP to control your PS3 games, you'll be able to use your PSP to see your PS3 games.

It should be noted that because only the 60GB Playstation 3 model includes integrated WiFi, this function will apparently not be available on the 20GB model.

This feature may just be one small component of Sony's implementation of DLNA on the Playstation 3. Other possible (as in, we're just guessing) implementations include being able to watch movies from the PS3's Blu-ray/hard drive on the PSP, and being able to watch UMD-Video on the PS3.

DCEmu Legend

Wow, thats f*in amazing! I am so looking forward to the PS3 now, knowing that these things are possible.

Sounds great!!, another big reason to buy the PS3!.

RIP: Agapito Elber Gudo.
    RIP: Rosa Melano
    Chema! Te lo lavas!
    Have a nice day! lmao

If this is true then maybe it will be considerably worth throwing down 600 USD for the PS3. This is definately going to be an awesome product if this is the case.

DCEmu Newbie

FInnaly the PSP's real potential will be used!

Hmm That is going to be a good feature just imagine playing PS3 laying in bed on my PSP.

Well this feature has me wanting the PS3 so I think I might buy it on the first price drop, probably this time next year.

-!-
    /\

now those features make me want to buy a ps3, see people sony comes through in the end

Although this is seems really cool, why would you want to play high definition PS3 game son a 480x272 screen?
    I think its more of a gimmic to get people to buy...

DCEmu Legend

psp

Cool stuff!!

The PSP is finally going to be getting some useful features and interactivity with the PS3. Especially when WiFi is concerned. This might just tip the scale in leaning towards getting a 2nd PSP so as to not give up on my 1.50 bliss.

I said that before concerning commercial games but then the groundbreaking DevHook was released and I've been living good with just my 1 1.50 PSP.

So I think I will give it some time and hope that even higher firmwares can be tapped into using a 1.50.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    Although this is seems really cool, why would you want to play high definition PS3 game son a 480x272 screen?
    I think its more of a gimmic to get people to buy...
    That is soo true. The PS3's HD is going to be amazing. Its too bad a lot of people may not know the difference between the basic PS3 and the LOADED PS3. I'd hate to be the kid on Christmas opening a PS3 only to find out it is the 20GB version. I would hope that PS3 games utilize the PS3 so that you can see certain elements of the game on the PS3 but the main gameplay is on an HDTV.

DCEmu Newbie

i play my PSP in my car in a cloud of smoke.

thinking about being able to do the same with the ps3 with my psp is VERY tempting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information