Thread: Eragon Secures Film Talent

Blog Entries

General games Eragon Secures Film Talent

Via IGN

When the Eragon videogame releases next month it will feature the voices and likenesses of the stars from the upcoming movie on which it is based. Edward Speleers (who plays the title character Eragon), Sienna Guillory (Arya in Eragon, Jill Valentine in Resident Evil: Apocalypse), Garrett Hedlund (Murtagh in Eragon, Don Billingsley in Friday Night Lights), and Robert Carlyle (Durza in Eragon, Gaz in The Full Monty) will all be making the transition from film to binary code.

In the game, players will control Eragon and, atop his trusty dragon Saphira, ride into epic battles against an evil king's sinister forces. Eragon can overpower foes with some slick combos, utilize magic attacks, and can call in Brom or Murtagh at any point to give him a hand.

The Eragon videogame will ship November 14 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, PSP, Nintendo DS, mobile, and PC, followed by the feature film on December 15.

wutz eragon?

Great book, but I'm not so sure about the game. Most movies don't translate well into games.

I'm hoping with dragons and swords etc they can make some decent gameplay. The movie looks like it'll be a hit and I can see how they could make a good game out of it, lets just hope they go the right way. have a look at the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by The_It
    wutz eragon?
    It book one in a series of books by Christopher Paolini The books rock! - We're still waiting for the final book in the trilogy This should make a fantastic film and has the potential to make a good game (I guess it'll be sort of Harry Potter in style... )

oh thats that one book?! I always wanted to read that series, but it looks like a elementary book, but I have no clue... but if it is a game that is based off of a movie that is based off of a book, like narnia, I wonder if the game will even resemble the book?

Thread Information