Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii- the retail in-store demo units we are getting?

Default Wii- the retail in-store demo units we are getting?

I just found this video on Youtube

It features an australian game critic playing on a Wii in what appears to be a retail store.

Im pretty certain it's not Nintendo World, so could this be what we are all getting in our stores as demo machines?

Judge for yourselves

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

The background is not Nintendo World Store in NYC. I went to NWS when they let people try out the Wii. That is from GameStop/EBGames.

As for the demo, in the US, we have a crappy ExciteTruck and Mii Channel. NO Zelda to try or Wii Sports.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

It's the Play Wii roadshow thats going on right now all over Australia.

There just little demo's that are going on for a few days in each state at selected shop's.

Heres some more info
    http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6640

-!-
    /\

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    The background is not Nintendo World Store in NYC. I went to NWS when they let people try out the Wii. That is from GameStop/EBGames.

As for the demo, in the US, we have a crappy ExciteTruck and Mii Channel. NO Zelda to try or Wii Sports.
    I know its not Ninty world! I was just being modest incase some people didn't

Anyway I think you will find that many stores are getting more than one Wii. One will feature party games designed to attract the non gamer, and the other will host games like Excite Truck and Zelda

Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    It's the Play Wii roadshow thats going on right now all over Australia.

There just little demo's that are going on for a few days in each state at selected shop's.

Heres some more info
    http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=6640
    I know I watched to whole thing, but these kinda look like what we should expect dont you think? That's why i'm asking you to judge for yourselves if you think this is what we will get in store

so do ya?

Dee

Yeah im pretty sure that's what you will get in store.

well heres part 1 if ya missed it.

-!-
    /\

damn! i wish my local game-stop would get a wii kiosk.... well whats the point of that anyways. im getting a wii 2 sundays from now (PRAISE TOYS R US!!!)

FROM THIS POST:

9 days
    3 hours
    31 mins

til wii!

Quote Originally Posted by gotmilk0112 View Post
    damn! i wish my local game-stop would get a wii kiosk.... well whats the point of that anyways. im getting a wii 2 sundays from now (PRAISE TOYS R US!!!)

FROM THIS POST:

9 days
    3 hours
    31 mins

til wii!
    I know its wierd isn't it? Even xb360 was playable instores here in UK before it was released, albeit very close to release.

I have played the Wii, tonight I played a driving game it was quite impressive It was debuted tonight at an EB games store i was impressed but i will not buy. The way I look at the system is this, its incredibly small and it looks and run very smoothly but its features suck you can get the weather and news? uhhh yeah, what device this day and age can you NOT do that? its on everything! if your going to move around the controller and stuff why not go the gym??? Video games are for being lazy and chilling not being active. I thought it was cool and all but nintendo hasnt released anything cool since N64 the controller sensitivity was off the hook and was very sensative. I cant imagine running madden or nba live 07 on it. How you gonna do that one? Throw your controller in the air like you would an NBA shot? I think the idea is amrt but its stretching it a bit too much.

i think baseing wether you would buy it from playign excite truck is stretching it to far IMO. and also don't forget the features like internet browser and mii's could be pointless but fun. most importantly IMO the virtual consle is the best part, aside from the revolutionary gameplay, and should not be takin lightly.

I also really wish the gamestop near me had a wii kiosk that would be amazing all my friends are like wii sucks that is untill they play any game good on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information