Thread: PS3 compatible with mobile headsets

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3 compatible with mobile headsets

An official headset for trash-talking during online play on PS3 is in the pipeline, but before it arrives Sony has told CVG that you'll be able to configure Blutooth mobile phone headsets to work with PS3 in much the same way.

In the PS3 firmware is a Blutooth Settings menu where, as on-screen text explains, you will be able to configure link-ups with headsets, microphones and headphones that are Blutooth compatible.

This means that instead of waiting for official peripherals, you can get your PS3 talking online, among other things, using products already available.

It is not yet known when official Sony headsets will arrive, but we'd expect not too long after US launch.

Glad to hear it. I have all my cell phones with blutooth

i know it says in the manual that it will work, but can anyone provide links of anyone getting theirs to work? possibly providing with some sort of compatability list? I'm not doubting it can't be done, i just have heard very mixed information about this and want to see if i'm going to be able to my BT headset working on the 17th or not. any help would be great. [:

Thread Information