Thread: What Happened to the Wii Start-Up Disc

Rev What Happened to the Wii Start-Up Disc

news via kotaku

Remember when we posted that art of the Wii box showing that it was going to come with a startup disc?

If you have a Wii, you probably have noticed there isn't such a thing in the box. That's because Nintendo managed to pre-load that software on the console before they started shipping. Well almost every. At least one reader emailed us to let us know his won't work because it wants a start-up disc. Which means he's going to have to return it.

Here's Nintendo's wording on the whole startup disc dealio.

The boxes in question (the ones that referenced a startup disc) are early-production boxes that were being used for display purposes only. The final Wii product boxes will not have any disc other than the free copy of Wii Sports, and the final packaging will not contain a reference to the startup disc.

So there you go, one mystery solved.

DCEmu Newbie

thats laughable, they didn't change the packaging, anyone who has a box knows what i',m talking about. If you look where it says whats in the box, its a sticker, peel it off and underneath is the old label we know, where it lists the start up disk, and needless to say mine doesn't work and i need to return it, as it has problems with its inital update from the internet. you'll hear alot about it in the future im sure error code 110213

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikaz View Post
    thats laughable, they didn't change the packaging, anyone who has a box knows what i',m talking about. If you look where it says whats in the box, its a sticker, peel it off and underneath is the old label we know, where it lists the start up disk, and needless to say mine doesn't work and i need to return it, as it has problems with its inital update from the internet. you'll hear alot about it in the future im sure error code 110213
    I didn't have any trouble updating mine, as I was able to get Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda after completing the update. My Wii connect 24 works too, from what I can tell, but there are no updates outside of the initial one.

I wonder how many people this affected?

Thread Information