Thread: Hacking the Wii - Whats Our Options ?

Blog Entries

Rev Hacking the Wii - Whats Our Options ?

Ok we all know by now that Gamecube Homebrew Works on the Wii via the Action Replay and SD Card Method, but the Gamecube Homebrew scene apart from 5 or 6 emulators and a few games and the GCos was never a massive success, does this mean an upturn for the Gamecube scene, maybe Datel will bring an action replay for Wii that opens it up for Homebrew and Hacking.

Thoughts anyone ?

DCEmu Newbie

u think we can try to find an exploit using the photo channel to access applications just like the tiff exploit

hmm, maybe by exploiting a channel, have an thing that installs another channel, which allows you to play homebrew games and stuff like that.

One major hurdle to over come is Connect 24. In it's disclaimer, you agree to allow Nintendo to preform scans for "unauthorized" software which can be deleted without any warning. Protecting your homebrew software from this, while still being able to use online features could prove difficult.

yes, that will be a problem but we may be able to updaae the wii with a firmware patch that would hide some of the channels like the homebrew one.

DCEmu Newbie

Actually the Wii 24 hour connect wont be a problem

Just turn it off when using homebrew run from the SD flash card.

We need to rip the Wii emulators from the stored memory first.

Then we have to rip Wii certified rom

See how its different from a standard rom set of the same title.

Final out the call commands of the wiimote and nunchuck (Wii wants golden eye using the Wiimote and Nunchuck)

Then make a rom patcher so the rom works with the wii emu's load them all up on the SD card and find a way to send them to the systems memory.

Then we can work on a way to disable or firewall nintendo from accessing our consoles when we do this so we can turn the online mode on, so we can set up online matches for games like goldeneye

We have to keep this all on the flash card so we can remove it when we are playing the Wii in casual mode with the online turned on.

DCEmu Coder

I'd avoid Game piracy firstly, it destroyed the PSP scene by scaring sony, but i still i recon a Wii mod of SDLoad and take it from there, i have no idea how to develop for Wii but once theres a kit or something im there!

"Actually the Wii 24 hour connect wont be a problem

Just turn it off when using homebrew run from the SD flash card."

Which is why I said:

Protecting your homebrew software from this, while still being able to use online features could prove difficult.

Actually take the time to read posts before you try to correct them. Of course it would be much easier if you disabled Connect 24, but thats not what I was talking about.

Thread Information