Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NesterDS v0.3 - Nes Emulator for DS Released

Blog Entries

NDS NesterDS v0.3 - Nes Emulator for DS Released

Rich has released a new version of his port of NesterDS for the Nintendo DS.

Heres whats new:

Vastly improved compatibility by fixing several mapper problems.

Got rid of alternate-line rendering.

Lots of speed-ups (better DTCM management, changed screen writes to occur during
    actual scanline routines, lots of other stuff).

Converted code-base to pure C, moved to devkitARM r19b.

There were lots of changes that I've forgotten about in here, this was sitting around on my hard drive half-finished for months. I was also working on converting expensive PPU routines to ARM, but that was also unfinished. The included source has some of the ARM routines that I did finish.

Download and Give Feedback & Compatibility Reports Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

cool, finally an update for nester, now i'll need to try it.

this is superb, sound is a little jerky but otherwise you're a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fiannly a nes emulator that will work with my MMD. not being able to use B for the a button and Y for b kinda bothers me though.any wway to change that?

DCEmu Rookie

NesDS works on the MMD, you just need to make sure you know how to put the roms in the right place, or else it wont work. I'm using the Max Media 4GB HDD, at first i thought it didnt work on it, but then i finally got some help. If you need any just ask, the only reason i use this emulator is to play ninja gaiden cause with NesDS its over 3MB.

Trust me, I've tried everythingk to get NesDS to work. It just won't plain work with my MMD. This one does though. How well does NesDS emulate compared to this?

DCEmu Rookie

NesDs is fully working on the MMP, not a perfect emulator, but really close to 100%.

Make sure that you know how to use the emulator, at first i thought i did, but i was just thinking i would find out by myself, bad choice.

First make sure to download (search for it on google) ndstool.exe and place it in the nesDS folder. Now run make_nds.bat and some thing should pop up and click the folder icon to open up the rom and leave the name as nesds but with the extension of .nds instead of ds.gba (the default one). It should now have created two files: "nesds.ds.gba" and "nesds.nds". leave the "nesds.ds.gba" one there and rename the "nesds.nds" to the name of the game .nds. For example rename nesds.nds to "SMB1.nds". Now copy this into the folder in the MMD wherever you want it to be, i put it in the games folder and inside the "nes" folder. The last thing AND ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THING to do is to copy the actual nes rom onto the root of the card. NOT THE .NDS ONE, THE ACTUAL .NES ROM. So make sure you got the original rom in the root of the card, which is the main folder whenever you first turn on the MMP.

At least try a few times more, trust me its worth it! Just dont give up, i got it to work so im pretty sure you can too.

Wow NesterDS works great. The guy that created this is a genius!

DCEmu Newbie

thank you toy min thanks for instructions.

DCEmu Rookie

no problem, but some people, like the ones posted above ^^^ they thing that nesds doesnt work. They just dont know how to use it and i was trying to help them out. O, and i dont think you have to put the actual .nes file on the mmd. I guess you only have to do it for the max media player. I recently bought an mmd and it works without the .nes file, it works fine with just the .nds file.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information