Thread: Reggie On Elite Beat Sales ("Disappointed"), Wii-mote Battery Issue ("Go Third Party"

Blog Entries

Rev Reggie On Elite Beat Sales ("Disappointed"), Wii-mote Battery Issue ("Go Third Party"

via kotaku

A while back, MTV's Stephen Totilo had a whooper of an interview with Nintendo honcho Reggie Fils-Aime. There's been concern about how the Wii-mote eats batteries. But is Nintendo planning an internal rechargeable battery? Meh. Says Reggie:

I would love to see a third party do that, and that's something a third-party licensee can do a lot more efficiently than we can.
    Reggie doesn't have time to fiddle with batteries, folks. He's BUSY. Worrying about things like why Elite Beat Agents has only sold 120,000 copies— as opposed to the 300,000 he had hoped for. Says Reggie:

I have to say I'm a little personally disappointed. The sales are strong and good. I personally thought it was going to be explosive.
    See that? Elite Beat Agents: Personal. Batteries: Not.

DCEmu Regular

Walmart sells a AA charger/ 4-pack of Energizer E2 NiMH batteries for about $18.00. That is enough to power two WiiMotes. I see no problem with the battery life either. For disposable batteries, go with energizer E2 lithiums, they'll handle the strain just fine. Try to avoid plain alkalines, if you can. They die pretty quickly.

DCEmu Newbie

To this day I`ll never understand why people buy single-use batteries for whatever purpose.

Places like Maplin and PicStop sell high-powered rechargeables fairly cheaply and you can even get solar powered chargers for them

I thought the Wii-mote would use a rechargable battery, cheap b@stards!!

Thread Information