The coder behind the Command And Conquer DS Clone Project has posted an Early Test Version, heres what he says:

I've not ordered any new hardware yet as the new offering from the Super Card guys looks to be around the corner and I want to see if it's any good or not first. I've been wrestling this my current gear and it's driving me mad. I've still not found an effective work around, but after lot's of formatting, copying and recopying I can generally get the roms to work, but then the data is corrupted, very rarely do I get both rom and data ok at the same time.

It looks like I'm going to have to rely on you guys for now! I can't test my code on my hardware or emulator (crashes) so here we go, the first uploaded test, though it is complete arse ;p I'm interested to see here whether the fat system initialises and whether it can read from the other file in the zip. If successful hopefully the next test will be the GUI pages.... and then a map?

If it loads ok you should see a screen like below. When you hit the 'A' button the green block will advance a pixel to the right (just shows input works). If you press the 'SELECT' button the debug menu will appear. If it's working correctly the debug menu should look like the one in the screenshot.

Download and Screenshot Via Comments - Test Away and Give as much details as possible