Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics Returns

Blog Entries

General games Final Fantasy Tactics Returns

One day after the surprise announcement of Dragon Quest IX for the DS, Square Enix is all set to drop another bombshell. According reports out of Japan, the next issue of Jump Magazine will contain news of two new Final Fantasy Tactics games.

The PSP will be getting Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Sensou, an updated version of the original PlayStation classic. Square Enix is adding new jobs and some slick cell shaded movies, but aside from that, it's unclear what kind of improvements we can expect.

The second project is a bit more mysterious. Nothing is known about this game, except for its title: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 Fuuketsu no Guurimore. We don't even know its target platform. Jump is promising an update down the road.

Both projects fall under a series of projects that Square Enix refers to as "Ivalice Alliance," Ivalice being the name of the world in which both Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy XII take place. Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings, a DS offshoot of this year's PS2 blockbuster, also falls under this project.

We've yet to see the Jump report for ourselves, but with the annual Jump Festa comic/videogame show scheduled to kick off on Saturday in Tokyo, we're hoping to get a look at both new projects shortly. We'll be back later this week with whatever details we can dig up at the show.

Via IGN

Sigh, as usual, the PSP gets yet another re-release of a game (Parappa, Valkyrie Profile, Disgaea etc). I'm getting the sinking feeling that the other one will be DS bound...

Now ain't this big news? i've been waiting for a new FFT since forever!!

wow and it's for both handhelds, the PSP and DS. I would like to see some screens soon.

Hell Yeah?!?!?

DCEmu Rookie

mabye the 'A' stands for advanced......The return of marche!!!!YAY!!!!

Ugh... >_> Just the other day I asked a person where'd they get this information... >_>

I don't in Japan it will matter much but since most Americans know more about Final Fantasy here... The PSP is probably going to have a jump in American sales... America is totally anti-Nintendo... *sigh*

If it weren't for the homebrew, I would've never gotten a PSP... Either way, I'm steering off-topic.

I was never able to even start playing FFT for the PSX. I beat the advance one fairly content (and nearly wanting more!)... However, I'm pretty sure FFT for PSP might require me to upgrade my PSP from 1.50... I think I'd rather wait for the PS1P emulator to get more advanced. :\

DCEmu Rookie

heh.

tactics.

oh please oh please oh please!!! release it in the USA...

I LOVED fft for psx (duh).

I absolutely HATED ffta. I couldn't keep up with the rules system. I guess it was just a little too deep for a game I played in the bathroom for 15 minutes at a time, haha.

DCEmu Newbie

I've been hoping SquareEnix would port Final Fantasy games to PSP since it first came out! Does anyone else find it ironic that by the time they actually get around to doing it we've already got pretty advanced PS1 emulators coming out?

Awesome FFT re-make on PSP will be great especially for those that don't live in America and never saw the original in shops. Tactics definitely had one of the better stories/worlds in the FF series and I simply can't wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information