Thread: Sony's shower of piss advert

Blog Entries

psp Sony's shower of piss advert

via eurogamer

As we get on for Christmas, it's important not only to be subject to one another, but also to embrace some of the things we've neglected in the preceding 12 months. Like Sony's mad advert about a man pissing on his own car.

The basic idea seems to be that some kids spot a rival gang's "ride" sitting unguarded on the side of the road, and one of them hops out and lets rip all across the bonnet and frontside passenger seat. Then it gets even more surreal, and squelchy.

The advert - for Gangs of London on the PlayStation Portable (what else?) - has apparently been around for a while, but we've only just noticed it because we barely use the Internet what with all the terrorism and that. The tagline is, "You've marked your territory... now fight to keep it."

Apparently it was envisaged as some sort of viral ad to encourage 16 to 30 year-olds to play the game, which is largely rubbish in our experience, with the exception of a handful of mini-games you can play in the in-game pub.

Video Here -->

i'm going to piss on a car now :rofl:

DCEmu Rookie

Hahahaha!

I must say, this new advert is pretty clever and funny. Keep in mind, their marketing strategies are very narrow with this commercial, and thus-- a lot of people will either be offended or disgusted. I, on the other hand, thought it was funny as hell. It makes me want to look into this game, and see what its all about. Lol, Sony sure does have some risky marketing plans. But I like that in a company.

That was indeed disturbing, but it worked. I now have the urge to go out and buy Gangs of London.

or just piss on a few cars.

Are they try'n to pull th' piss.?

or woh !

this is a nice one
    maybe i'll try it out next year cuz you need a convertible to pee in
    (me dont like winter)

The best thing is, I've finished Gangs of London and never got to piss on any car. I feel ripped off. Damn London Studios, Getaway- wannabe sons of bitches.

Thread Information