Thread: Sony Shrugs Off Bad Press - Still A Strong Brand

Blog Entries

psp Sony Shrugs Off Bad Press - Still A Strong Brand

via /.

The Sony brand name took a beating last year over all those burning batteries and the rootkit fallout, right? Wrong, at least according to a recent survey of 2,000 adults who are apparently willing to forgive just about anything ... if you give them the right reason. Other technology companies, most anyway, also fare well in the brand survey. From the article: 'According to the survey, the Sony brand finished a gaudy ninth among the "Top 20 Winners for 2006," sandwiched comfortably between a couple of saintly American icons: Oprah and the National Football League. Moreover, the respondents see Sony climbing to No. 4 among this year's gainers, right above Amazon and eBay. Moral: Build a better PlayStation and the American consumer will forgive all else

Looks like Sony is still doing well despite all its problems of 2006. Let's how well the company does this year....

Ive never been a sony fanboy, but I truly respected sony during the days of the ps1 and ps2. However my trust and respect for them faded a few months after the release of the psp. Constant upgrading of firmwares ruined it. Thankfully the brill homebrew for psp has saved it but sony will have to pull off miracles with their future console, or I and i'm sure many others will never trust sony again.

the bad mouthing sony was just another fashion statement (for want of a better word) We went through much the same when the xbox first came out (both xboxes actually) bad mouthing microsoft.. actually whenever microsoft does anything we bad mouth them. my point is though.. it dont think sony was doing particularly badly. though wasnt exactly meeting their or anyones expectations. but more it became a trend among geeks and other social outcasts to bad mouth sony.. why? because its funny to diss a company that makes moeny and makes people happy when your just a sad **** with no promise.

i've said it time and time again, that people need to stop confusing the negative standpoint regarding Sony, that we all see here in the homebrew scene, with the opinions of the general publc..... they will probably always be regarded highly as a brand by the public.

DCEmu Legend

I've also liked SONY and swore never to use anything else for a time. But that has changed. Instead of buying a SONY Vaio computer, I bought a DELL. Instead of buying a SONY PS3, I chose to get a Nintendo Wii first.

However, my next HDTV purchase will likely be a SONY LCD or DLP. I also use SONY for my home theater. My receiver and speakers are SONY. I'm using a Cerwin Vega Subwoofer though.

And regarding Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD I prefer Blu-Ray.

So I think SONY still has strong appeal as a technology company. They just need to focus more on customer service and quality.

Sony can survive by being "strong"
    Sony can only thrive if they are "loved"
    Sony should have started by revisioning their adverts.
    Then they should have given their PSP emu away.
    That would have been golden.

If youre blaming sony for THE FIRMWARE updates then thats not reasonable... THEY DONT CARE ABOUT HOMEBREW but the sure as hell care about the commercial games getting pirated... if you eliminate piracy of psp games im sure sony wont mind hombrew.

Beta Tester: Windows 7

Thread Information