Thread: Sonic and the Secret Rings Hands-on

Blog Entries

Rev Sonic and the Secret Rings Hands-on

Sonic the Hedgehog is one of those franchises that gamers truly love, even while the individual games get consistently slammed in reviews. With the recent 3-D entries in the series, the overwhelming consensus is that Sonic has largely deviated from his 16-bit roots as a smack-talking speed demon. SEGA has added a whole cast of supporting characters to the mix, consequently placing the focus on timed platforming, combat, and exploration rather than on pure, unadulterated speed.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is the first Sonic title developed exclusively for the Wii. With this game, it is obvious that SEGA took all of these complaints about recent Sonic games to heart and devoted itself to creating a game that remained true to Sonic's roots, while at the same time making interesting use of the Wiimote. Sonic and the Secret Rings is set in an Arabian Nights-inspired setting, with Sonic and crew taking part in an epic quest, while tangling with mythical beasts and mysterious enemies. Of course, storyline has never been the strength of a Sonic game, and Sonic and the Secret Rings is absolutely no exception. While the storyline does serve to break up the level progression, it is far from being the focus of the game.

Full Article at IGN

Could it be!? A 3D Sonic game that hasn't been butchered by shoddy gameplay and a diseased camera?

Hopefully it will be as good as Sonic Rush on DS :thumbup:

...Sonic Rush was terrible. The camera was too zoomed in, and you had to remember the tracks to avoid deaths. You couldn't go too fast, because you fell off obstacles every other second which you couldn't see.

Sonic Adventure was a great game, but they ruined it when they added Shadow.

This game sounds like a great title to play.

Quote Originally Posted by goity View Post
    ...Sonic Rush was terrible. The camera was too zoomed in, and you had to remember the tracks to avoid deaths. You couldn't go too fast, because you fell off obstacles every other second which you couldn't see.

....I thought the opposite, there was only one or two place I got stuck in it, I always fly through as fast as I can go, just gotta catch whats coming quick

Thread Information