Thread: PenkoDS v0.1a - MSX Emulator for DS Released

Blog Entries

NDS PenkoDS v0.1a - MSX Emulator for DS Released

Via Ketchup site comes a new MSX Emulator for the Nintendo DS:

Heres the translated info:

PenkoDS?
    PenkoDS is an emulator MSX2 for Nintendo DS. It is based on fmsx of Marat Fayzullin.
    The speed of emulation is currently 75% on average (either about 30 to 40% faster than the port fmsx of nyagosu of which I took again the management of the keyboard and the joystick).

Among the functionalities, one finds:
    - A resize mode to manage the various resolutions of the MSX.
    - Support DLDI
    - Support of the roms and the discs
    - Management of the sound (with the same problems as under CrocoDS)

Level use, it is enough for you to copy the Romanian one in the root or the /rom/msx repertory of your chart flash, patcher the nds with patchor DLDI and of launching this homebrew from your Nintendo DS

To test with the version msx bombjack of Kralizec or with one of the releases of the MSXDEV' 06.

One of the large bugs current is the impossibility of rebooter after the insertion of a disc MSX. (On the other hand, not of problem of reboot with the roms). This version is a version alpha, therefore I await all your remarks in order to improve it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Has anybody got this to work and how.

I didn't manage to get it to work on my M3 SD. Seems to have some problems on M3 Simply and G6 too.

But I know it works on supercard SD.

don't hesitate to leave a comment on the author's website : http://deadketchup.kyuran.be/

It's a very early release, so I guess it's OK if it doens't work on all hardwares yet! And I don't worry about future releases of this emu, regarding what the author has already done with CrocoDS, the best Amstrad emulator available done in a couple of weeks!

DCEmu Newbie

because i'm always resolve how to work nds msx emulators since 2005, I'll show how this one works:

-If the emulator don't runs on your flashcard, start here:
    You need to compile the emulator using the DLDI (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...r_instructions)

Now everyone's have the emulator working? You can put it in any folder in your flashcard, but the MSX roms you'll need to put in /roms/msx folder

-Start the emulator and have fun!

MSX 4EVER!!!

DCEmu Newbie

The emulators loads using dldi and boots into the msx keyboard/command line after the first splash screen.

I stuck a vampirekiller rom into the /roms/msx but can't find where to run it... I'm not used to the msx command line.

wats an MSX?
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

Thread Information