Thread: PSP: Submenu Icon Injector v3.0

psp PSP: Submenu Icon Injector v3.0

The latest version of this great app is out, much thanks goes to Dark420Bishop for his hard work in making this.

PSP Submenu Icon Injector v3.0
    -------
    SUMMARY
    -------

This program will allow you to change the icons for your XMB Camera, RSS Feed, Online Instruction Manual, Remote Play, Certificate Utility, Location Free, Internet Browser, USB Connection, Game Sharing, Loading Icon, Corrupt Icon, and all Settings Menus. I can now brag that my program changes ALL the regular sized sub icons in the topmenu. Change as many or as few as you like. The program is designed so you can take your current topmenu_plugin.rco and change only the selected icons so that you don't need to remake your topmenu_plugin and change all the labels. As always, I am happy to share and discuss my source with other developpers but i'm not going to release it to the public because some people take advantage.

--dark420bishop

-------------
    WHAT YOU NEED
    -------------

1a. A decrypted topmenu_plugin.rco for 3.0x. You can make one of these using any other xmb icon customizing program or you can browse the forums and find one.

AND/OR

1b. a decrypted game_plugin.rco from 2.50. You can decrypt one yourself with psar dumper and the 2.50 update eboot.

2. Visual Basic 6 Runtime Library. Get it from Microsoft.

MICROSOFT http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

3. Icons. 64x64 pixel 256 color bitmaps with a file size of roughly 5.05 KB.

------------
    INSTRUCTIONS
    ------------

1. Select your plugin file and select the icons you wish to inject.

2. Hit the Inject button which applies, either Inject Topmenu or Inject Game.

3. Flash your plugin file to the f0:/vsh/resource folder with your favorite flashing utility (I like flash-USB access in 3+ OE firmwares).

----------------
    ADDITIONAL NOTES
    ----------------

-3.0x topmenus ARE NOT compatible with 3.1x firmwares. There are no programs out yet to change 3.1x topmenus.
    -If you get the temp.mig error, try again. If you get it 3 times in a row, check the Troubleshooting section.
    -Any time you prepare to mod your PSP, you should back up the files you are about to change.
    -The program now checks the size of the icon you are trying to inject. It will not allow you to try to use any icon over 5500. This is to try to prevent the errors users were having from using incorrectly formatted icons.
    -The picture to replace the loading icon must be very small. None of the icons I tried from the fat pack worked. I had to make my own so I included the one I made.
    -The offset to change the label for your corrupted icon in the game_plugin is 0x2bdc - 0x2bf7 (hex) or 11228 - 11255 (dec).

---------------
    VERSION HISTORY
    ---------------

Added icons for all Settings menus, loading icon, and corrupt icon.
    Changed layout to fit all the new controls.
    Icon file size cutoff of 5500 bytes.

This is by no means the entire read me file, you should look at that for further details and future development of this app.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

WoW can't wait to try this out.

Woot!!
    Oh wait...doens't work with 3.10OE ,right?

nope thats why im still on 3.03 OE-C

Yh it works, i only redid my old ones, but i will do more

niiice ive been waitin for this. i foudn that other one that changed them but it was in a different language and it required alot of hex editing

Thread Information