Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Sony releasing upscaling emulator for PS2 and PS-One games

Blog Entries

ps3 RUMOR: Sony releasing upscaling emulator for PS2 and PS-One games

via ps3fanboy

This is classified as a rumor, but we really hope it's as RumorReporter says and consider it more of on the Report end, rather than the Rumor. We've kicked the whole "replacing hardware backwards compatibility with software" story to death (and we've got one more post to go on it, actually), so you know all about that. But now, an "anonymous industry insider" (who else gives us these rumors?) tells us that Sony is toying around with something else, beyond the 1.60 firmware update coming up soon.

HD upscaling of specific PS2 and PS-One titles is rumored to be in the works for, possibly, summer. We're not talking about 480p support -- the internal PS3 upscaler will move these games into 1080i/720p! Just think how some of your favorite games would look if they're supported by the PlayStation 3 into 1080i/720p... it's almost legendary in awesomeness. Let's hope we get more official word on this closer to summer.

If this rumor proves true, being able to play PS1 and PS2 games at 1080i/720p resolution would be ace!

DCEmu Newbie

It needs to be done the jaggedness of final fantasy XII is frustrating for me on a HDTV. I bought the Xploder HDTV disk but there is a bug on FFXII that crashes at opening intro on HD resolution. Playing other games on the HDTV disk at 1080i is a vast improvement on quality but is not stretched out so I only get a small square on 32 inch lol!

DCEmu Newbie

Price I have to pay for still having PS2 I guess Suprised the latest games coming out now dont have support for resolution changing to high definition. For anyone that has played a PS2 game on HDTV will understand how awful it looks :P

is it ok to updating ps3 to the new firmware or not/ like the psp, since every update blocks homebrew

It's only a rumor, nothing great

DCEmu Newbie

if this does hold true.....and a rumble controller does come (prolly will since Sony and Immersion are on good terms again).......the PS3 may just.....keep up with the other 2 consoles...

now.....lets just hope some good games come to it to make sure it does.

PS3 User

I thought something wonderful like this would happen. I know its just a rumour, but there's no reason for Sony not to do it.

DCEmu Newbie

I think they should do it, because they are lacking in games, I wouldn't want to play PS1 and 2 with 480p, hurts the eyes. plus I have a feeling they are still making games for PS2, and little for the PS3.

DCEmu Newbie

I wonder if the Xploder HDTV Game Player would work on the PS3? for PS2 games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information