Thread: Sony unveils PS3 Home

Blog Entries

ps3 Sony unveils PS3 Home

PS3 Home is a service described as a customizable, networked community service for the console. The service, a free download from the PlayStation Store, will allow users to create and customize their own characters a bit like Nintendo's Mii system. But there's much more to it.

Sony describes Home as a real-time, networked 3D avatar-based community that serves as a meeting place for PS3 users from around the world. The firm also unveiled LittleBigPlanet, a community-based game where users play, create and share what they build. The networked titles are part of Sony's Game 3.0 vision/

"Technology innovation is part of the culture at SCE as evidenced by our influence on real-time 3D computer graphics and the optical disc format in the 1990's, to the more recent innovations such as Cell Broadband Engine computing and the use of Blu-ray in PS3," said Harrison. "Our vision for the future, Game 3.0, will continue our track record of industry advancement by leveraging the convergence of technologies, from broadband and video chat to supercomputer-speed processors, to make gaming more interactive and dynamic than ever before."

Home will be available this autumn as a free download from the PlayStation Store.

via cvg

WOW this sounds well cool ... what can u build though :S

Sounds like a good spin off for the Gamerpoint system, but i think a total seeable amount would be better then multiple trophies that yew have to sort through.
    -Xiofire

Phil Harrison, yawn.

I thought this would suck until I saw the video. It looks sweet!!! Check it out here: http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=61465

I'm actually excited about this. This is the first thing that Sony has done with the PS3 that's impressed me.

This looks so good

Thread Information