Thread: European store GAME says: only two-thirds of preorders filled

Blog Entries

ps3 European store GAME says: only two-thirds of preorders filled

via ps3fanboy

We're not entirely sure how to spin this one, since we don't actually know how many PS3's the European chain of gaming stores, dubbed GAME, are getting. So, we'll hand it to you in just as vague and either/or stylings as we've been given it. Doubtless, GAME will be making a lot of money on March 23rd, when the PS3 is released across Europe. But will there be a shortage? Not so, according to the bigwigs at GAME.

The head offices at GAME have stated that only about two-thirds of their PS3 allocation have been pre-ordered despite the best efforts from all of their store employees to strangle £50 out of customers for a pre-order. The reasoning? Get ready for a collective sigh. We hear this reason so often, it has to be true, right? So sayeth a store manager: "We've had a lot of interest in the console, mostly from PS2 owners looking to upgrade, but the price is putting many off. It looks like you may be able to just walk in and pick one up without a preorder on launch day."

Well, go ahead and test it out if you'd like. Walk in on launch day! We wish we knew how many PS3's were allocated to GAME, but if there's going to be around one million units floating around, a good number of them are probably going to this, the biggest gaming specialty store. Thoughts? Feelings? Opinions?

I was thinking for quite a while about being able to go into a GAME store and pick up a PS3 without preordering. I was almost when down this path when I decided to play it safe and preorder.

game gets the largest quota of game consoles allways. my game stores (i've got to in my town) had quite a few pre-ordered but to be honest they left the opening of their pre-orders really late, i had already gone elsewhere as im sure alot of others did.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
    game gets the largest quota of game consoles allways. my game stores (i've got to in my town) had quite a few pre-ordered but to be honest they left the opening of their pre-orders really late, i had already gone elsewhere as im sure alot of others did.
    yep i did + i thought this is going to be hard getting a PS3 to the car without gettin robed :P

DCEmu Rookie

Still don't know wether to go Import or not.

Thread Information