Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3: Rumor finally squashed, MGS4 to stay PS3 exclusive

PS3 User

ps3 PS3: Rumor finally squashed, MGS4 to stay PS3 exclusive

Moving on, I remind him of a comment he made last year comparing each of the three current consoles to "different kinds of dinner". Did he still think that was the case, now that all three are on the market? Nope. "They're more like a movie theatre metaphor", he says.

"The PS3 is like the theatre, it's a little bit high-priced but it has to be high quality as well. The 360 is a DVD, it still needs to be high quality but you need more variations, while the Wii is almost like a TV channel, because every game you have it with your family".

I look for a funny/revealing insight into the comment, then realise he's probably quite close to the mark. Still, by that admission, if the PS3 is Hollywood, is he feeling the heat of being the system's first big, exclusive title? "Yes, there is pressure", he admits, "but there is Final Fantasy XIII coming out as well, so it's not all me!".

Still on MGS4, I ask whether this really is the end. He's said repeatedly he wants to walk away at the end of this game, and the trailers seem to show everyone from the series getting together for one final shootout. So when MGS4 hits, will you hang up your boots? "Well, atually its really up to the users, its up to them to decide", he offers.

"If users want more Metal Gear, then I will probably step up as producer, like the James Bond series does", he says. "That way I can have new, upcoming directors making MGS while I oversee the project, and then perhaps I can move onto something new".

Something new, eh? Like your long, and oft-rumoured collaboration with Suda? "The collaboration with Suda is a little different", Kojima says. "It's something I've been thinking about for about 10 years now, but unfortunately can't concentrate on right now because we're so busy with MGS4".

Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day

via Kotaku

hah that showed the 360 fanboys

In my opinion, if a game goes multiplatform, then it's not taking full advantage of what the ps3 has to offer. I want a game that's too much for the 360 to handle.

damn, I wanted an 360 port

It's just a rumor. Even still, I won't blow $600 just to play MGS4, but if it does get ported it will be a nice treat. A PS3 only MGS4 will result in much less sales for Konami, I guess that's their loss.

DCEmu Newbie

Cool

Obviously the people there havent quite seen into the green zone of the 360...(ok u could say black cos of the elite but that ruins my joke)

i dont really think there has been a game so far that is 360 exclusive that has even got near the borders of needing to go multi-platform to make it bigger.

dont get my wrong i want to play MGS4 as much as any gaming freak(no offence) but if thats the way u want to play it then fine!!!
    bring it Sony!

I'm so glad that this is and has been exclusive all along. Blu-Ray gives it so much more space to work with and will allow MGS4 to have an incredible environment with more features than the 360 could offer with DVD.

sony all the wayyy

wow is that the first PS3 game that was to be PS3 exclusive that stayd that way?

PS3 User

Quote Originally Posted by PLZKLLME0080 View Post
    wow is that the first PS3 game that was to be PS3 exclusive that stayd that way?
    • Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    • Heavenly Sword
    • Killzone
    • Afrika
    • Lair
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Tekken 6
    • Ridge Racer 7
    • Warhawk
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Gran Turismo 5

Theres even more than that, if you get past rumours like this then there's actually a lot of exclusive titles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information