Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOLstation - POPS Fix

Blog Entries

psp LOLstation - POPS Fix

Pharonyk posted this news/release:

Description:
    This Homebrew will flash two files to your flash0 to allow you to have a custom boot and play PSX games. If you didn't know, having a custom "opening_plugin.rco" (boot) would interfere with your PSP POPStation..

I have provided an edited "game_plugin.prx" with PSP's default "opening_plugin.rco" that is renamed to "0pening_plugin.rco". So you don't have to worry about anything, unless you don't have any free space on your flash0.

WARNINGS:
    1. Be sure you have some free space in your flash0 not Memory Stick.

2. Have your battery recharged.. (atleast 80%)?
    Also have the AC Adapter plugged in..

3. There is always a risk of bricking when you flash any type of file so beware of your actions.

I'm not responsible for any bricks at all!

Instructions:
    1. If you have any custom boot, just go into recovery, flash0 usb access, and replace the "opening_plugin.rco".

2. Copy "LOLstation" and "LOLstation%" to your PSP's Game or Game150 folder..

3. Run LOLstation and you should be lollerfine. roflordia!

By Pharonyk..

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    via pharonyk

Lol. haha

Nevermind. :P I just noticed that it's for people with a custom boot. for some reason, I read firmware! :P

Wait,what is this? I don't understand..what's the point? To have a custom boot + popstation at the same time?

thanks, i needed this

Quote Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post
    Wait,what is this? I don't understand..what's the point? To have a custom boot + popstation at the same time?
    yes, a lot of confusion on it.

maybe we won't get 123086 threads a day asking what the problem is now.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Newbie

Thank You!!!!

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Pharonyk posted this news/release:

3. There is always a risk of bricking when you flash any type of file so beware of your actions.
    [bold and underline by me]

BULLSHT!!! misinformation right there.

Default I can nitpick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
    BULLSHT!!! misinformation right there.
    O RLY? NAND Flash doesn't last forever you know

Lightbulb Confused...

I must say that nothing I can find really clarifies what the purpose of this is. From the author's notes, this is what I think:

1- LOLStation plays PSX games via the PSP's PSX emulator (POPStation). I shall make the assumption that this means PSX games that haven't been re-jiggered first (with keys and whatnot). Though a bit of a stretch, it is the only logical assumption; I mean, what else would be the point??

2- In order to achieve this, LOLStation relies on the PSP's intro being customised. Whether this means a LOLStation-specific custom intro, or any custom intro, is not at all clear.

If the author would be so kind as to get back with more information (or at least, to confirm/deny these assumptions) it would be thoroughly appreciated.

I think this should also be clarified to the world in general: it is a fairly standard disclaimer to warn that any flash write operation can brick your PSP. While this is only of particular risk when altering or replacing files essential to the correct operation of the firmware, there is always a very slight risk that a bad write operation can corrupt vital data elsewhere in the NAND (or even lead to failure of the NAND itself) even when replacing/altering non-essential files. Therefore, it is not misinformation, but simply prudent to make this assumption. It is good practice for any author to include a disclaimer (or warning) when releasing their work to the public - there are an awful lot of bleeding idiots out there who would happily sue a knife manufacturer for failing to display a "sharp object" warning label on the product. Whether or not the information is entirely accurate, disclaimers serve a purpose beyond the likelihood of the event or events outlined within them.

A notable exception would be those pointless, unenforceable, and often quite damaging disclaimers that companies insist on including at the foot of every communication. These serve about as much purpose as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

DISCLAIMER: The author of this post will accept no responsibility whatsoever for damage caused to persons or property in the pursuit of a dictionary, nor for the consequences of misappropriation (criminal or otherwise) of the content herein; whether injurious insult or spiritual enlightenment result. The author makes no assertions as to the spelling, accuracy, pertinence, or creamy full flavour of this post, and cannot be held accountable for loss of brain function as a result of overzealous nose-mining. Please disregard all contents, including this disclaimer. I am not a fish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information