Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undiluted Platinum PSP Modchip @ Mr Modchips

Blog Entries

psp Undiluted Platinum PSP Modchip @ Mr Modchips

Mr Modchips has announced they are stocking the Undiluted Platinum Modchip for PSP. For those who have a bricked PSP this could be an option at £29.99.

For those who dont know heres the spiel from the site:

The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip is packed full of features. It is every gamers' dream to have a modified PSP that will play all Homebrew Games, Movies, and Apps. The Undiluted Platinum PSP Mod Chip will allow you to Unbrick any previously Bricked PSP because of its 2nd flash on the board. It is hands down the BEST breakthrough in the gaming industry today.

The U.P. (Undiluted Platinum) PSP ModChip is a flash replacement system for the Sony PSP™ which allows the use of previous flash updates or custom firmware builds, This ability creates the opportunity to run unsigned homebrew code on even the latest Sony PSP Handheld Portable. There is no more need for Unreliable Hacked Firmware. The U.P. contains 32MB NAND flash which is programmable from a PC via USB Cable with user friendly software. The Dual-Boot Feature of the U.P. PSP Mod Chip allows you to boot from the PSP's Onboard Flash, or the one mounted on the Undiluted Platinum PSP ModChip; You can tell your PSP which Flash to use by a single button being pressed during power-up. Hold L1 during power up to boot from PSP flash, or dont hold anything to boot from U.P Flash Default. Since U.P. provides a secondary flash which the PSP can boot from, it can even be used to restore a PSP which has been "bricked". Every effort has been made to make our flash updater software, which will be freely available for download, both as easy to use and reliable as possible. The software also contains diagnostics which can be used by installers to determine if an installation has been successful or not.

The U.P. has been designed to minimize installation difficulty and effort. A FPC (flexible printed circuit) cable is included which routes the essential signals from the PSP motherboard to the U.P. main board and U.P. USB connector. Copper enamel wire is included, which will provide the connection between the FPC cable and the motherboard signal traces. The FPC cable also helps by reducing the mechanical stress placed on the solder points, making a U.P. modified PSP shock resistant which is important for handheld systems.

The FPC cable end to which the USB connector board attaches is routed into the battery compartment and sits above the battery. The Battery Cover can be replaced after flash updating and the cable remains safely in the compartment until the next update is required, whereupon the USB connector can be clipped in place within a few seconds. This means that the U.P. is completely contained within the PSP under normal usage and avoids any unsightly external modifications to your PSP. PSP is after all portable, let’s keep it that way!

In order to maximise the benefits that U.P. can provide its users, The U.P. PSP Mod Chip has an open source approach, and will be releasing source code for any software U.P releases, as well as full documentation for the U.P. hardware interface - including information on how to control U.P. from within PSP programs. This will allow anybody to create software which can take advantage of what U.P. has to offer.

Features:
    Run your Homebrew Code in even the latest PSP's
    No need for Hacked Firmware anymore, Dual Flash boot will bust your PSP wide open with possibilities
    Play your Homebrew or Backup Games, Movies and Apps
    Ultra reliable and feature rich Actel ProASIC Plus FPGA
    Full Speed USB 1.1 ASIC onboard
    Branded 32MB NAND flash onboard (same flash as used in PSP)
    Stable and reliable flashing software freely available for download
    Installation verification using flashing software
    Ultra compact four layer PCB
    High quality Japanese connectors
    USB cable included
    FPC cable included, reducing installation effort and improving shock resistance
    Copper enamel wire included
    Open platform development system for software developers
    Installation has been optimized to fit entirely inside PSP
    All PSP hardware versions/regions supported
    User updatable flash
    Low power consumption
    Flash select via button press
    Ultra compact PCB has been designed to avoid signal bounce

thanks for the update. and there not too expensive, i might install 1 just in case

Might consider getting this....

i dont like it that they called Dark_Alex's work as "unreliable hacked firmware."

Finally an affordable chip. I wil seriously consider purchasing it.

I love my UP.
    If you don't want to get it installed, you should go to www.chicagogamewerks.com to get it done. I sent in my PSP and got it back in a little less than 2 weeks. their installation costs $75 USD. Great for US people.

DCEmu Regular

I have had the UP since it was first released along with the Xland USB Mod. It is still working perfectly and I have no regrets. Obviously the price has gone down since it has been out for a while and there is now new competition. It might still be worth getting the other Modchip instead though even if it does cost more.

DCEmu Newbie

There really trying to sell this lol ..listing all its "features" lol ..might get one even so ...isn't there another one out tho ?

DCEmu Newbie

just to clarify if anyones confused, this isnt the new modchip thats coming out, its teh old one from the summer

Wow that is cheap!! i may buy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information