Thread: Rumor: Starfox 64 update restores historically accurate slowdown?

Blog Entries

Rev Rumor: Starfox 64 update restores historically accurate slowdown?

No word if this is a real issue or a NeoGAF freakout, but if the perfect beauty of one of your Virtual Console games is in danger, it's our solemn duty to report on it. What is known is that Nintendo has issued an updated version of StarFox 64. What isn't known is what it does.

NeoGAFfer Nuclear Muffin (judging by the name, a level-headed character) reported that after downloading the update this morning, he found the game slowing down in the same way the original Nintendo 64 version. Again, no idea if this is true, or if it's a delusion created by someone trying to find an effect of this update, but it's terrifying if true.

Normally, we're all about accurate presentation of emulated games, but we have no problem with Nintendo fixing the resolution and speed of N64 games, because they totally need it. We really hope they haven't decided to unfix it.

via wiifanboy

.... not cool

Mario on the VC definitely slows down and I think it's brilliant because I really do feel like I'm playing the real thing. The closer to the original the better, even if that involves the original defects or flaws.

DCEmu Newbie

from what I hear, the update fixes the controls on the classic controller to make them not as ultra-sensative (making the game much more playable on it).

Thread Information