Thread: Savsender

Blog Entries

NDS Savsender

News/release from The "B" Ark

Savsender is a simple EEPROM backup tool for the Nintendo DS. It sends the contents of the EEPROM from a game card to a specified server and IP address over WiFi. This makes it useful for owners of slot-1 devices who wish to backup and restore the EEPROM data from their cards.

In order to use this tool, patch it with the appropriate DLDI driver, install the application, and create a config file on your device

in /data/settings/savsender.conf. This file must contain two lines, as follows:

<server_name>
    <server_port>

The app will then send a raw byte stream to that server and port that represents the contents of the EEPROM. Use a tool like netcat to read the data and dump it to a file.

Once you have the data, you'll need to convert it to your card format, and then install it on the device. This I leave as an exercise to the reader, through, for the R4, I can tell you that you must simply pad the file to 512KB and then copy it to your device.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Hm, I guess I forgot to submit this news. After initially having issues getting it to work myself, I created a lengthy guide to using this program at http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9915, which I've been told has been helpful and informative. Hopefully it will help some of you here.

Thread Information